Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NRC Guidelines on the Fatique Rule

Author Topic: NRC Guidelines on the Fatique Rule  (Read 5846 times)

shootinghx

NRC Guidelines on the Fatique Rule
« on: Jun 20, 2011, 10:26 »
We have a 120 day plus outage coming up here at PSL , Florida.  60 days of six 10 or 12's...then thats it. You go to six 9's.
It seems we're in a loop of options that don't work with the NRC.

anybody have some possible work schedules that I can bring up...?

Cathy

Re: NRC Guidelines on the Fatique Rule
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2011, 05:01 »
Have you considered 4 on 1 off? We use it during our outages for the designated ERO techs. Not sure how long you can stay on that...
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2011, 05:03 by Cathy »

bogeyplus1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2011, 01:55 »
After 60 days of an outage you are required to meet the online rules. That is why you have the 6- Nine hour days. Your not averaging more that 54 hours a week  in a cycle and meet the Minimum Day off requirement.

shootinghx

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2011, 10:15 »
these guidelines will work fine during normal outage refuelings. But, alot of plants are doing major upgrades with complete turbine deck component replacements i.e. MSR's, heaters, turbines, generators.
These are the ole school work schedules. I don't see how companies can retain there workers when they can drag up and make the real money.
These upgrades will be going on for the next 10 years. If you're due for one....maybe you should help your company work with the NRC....

We got to make the money...$$$$

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2011, 12:22 »
And almost none of the people working on those upgrades are covered by the rule.
Individual sites require everyone to follow the rule because it is easier to apply it to everyone than to keep track of those who are actually required to meet it.
When $$$ becomes an issue, they will find a way.  Never doubt that.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2011, 12:13 »
The difference between 60 hr week and 72 or 84 is a big cut into the overtime.  I hate the 4 on and 1 off on short outages because half the time you get 60 hrs.  Gotta make the $$$.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?