Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRO Exam  

Author Topic: SRO Exam  (Read 11735 times)

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
SRO Exam
« on: Jun 22, 2011, 06:23 »
Looks like we had 14/14 pass our NRC written exam today, including me.  Barring any surprises on the official results, we actually report to our shifts the week of 12 August.  Many people to thank on these forums.  Thanks to all who offered advice and encouragement and to to those who challenged me.

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2011, 06:42 by DDMurray »
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
Re: SRO Exam
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2011, 06:53 »
Congratulations!!

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2011, 06:58 »
Congratulations to you and your class!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

MacGyver

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:06 »
Most Excellent! Congrat's, you earned it.

Pman52

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:22 »
Congratulations!  +K

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:54 »
Congrats, classmate!

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:56 »
Congrats guys!

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2011, 05:37 »
Thanks to all.  Some class stats:

Started with 17 (all brand new Instant SROs- 14 direct from Navy, 2 previously licensed from other plants, one a re-take who had failed a previous audit exam)
-Lost one Navy guy during AOIs.  He rolled two classes back.
-Picked up 3 guys from the previous class who had failed the previous NRC exam.  One of them failed our audit and now has a different job in the company.  He was a previously licensed RO at a BWR.
-Lost one Navy guy at beginning of Integrated Plant (IPO).  Some personal issue combined with weak performance I'm not totally in the know about.  Not sure if he is classing back up.
-Lost three guys just before the audit due to management decision.  Two (ex-Navy) rolled back into class right behind us.  The other (previously licensed at another plant) has not been told anything about his future.

« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2011, 07:22 by DDMurray »
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #8 on: Jun 23, 2011, 06:32 »
Please include my own hearty congratulations to the entire class!

(Looks like a throughput rate!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Longhornfan

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2011, 05:30 »
Congrats and great job.  Hopefully I will be following in those footsteps next summer....getting ready for my systems final in 3 weeks.

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #10 on: Jun 23, 2011, 07:34 »
Congrats and great job.  Hopefully I will be following in those footsteps next summer....getting ready for my systems final in 3 weeks.

Never underestimate the value of good systems knowledge.

Fermi2

« Reply #11 on: Jun 23, 2011, 08:04 »
That's what I told ya man. Learn systems early, study systems throughout the entire course, then study them some more. The rest is all applied systems.

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2011, 10:40 »
That was great advice that I didn't fully appreciate until the end, Mike. Thanks for all your help!

Fermi2

« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2011, 08:52 »
Had a great time tipping a few, eating a burger and sharing great tales of heroism with a few of these guys today!

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jun 30, 2011, 04:50 »
Had a great time tipping a few, eating a burger and sharing great tales of heroism with a few of these guys today!

Good time was had by all. 
T. Roosevelt

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2011, 06:48 »
After sweating it out the last couple of weeks, we finally got official word today, along with a license number.   [pigfly] We didn't have enough positions on shift so I've been assigned to outage Work Control Center, which has been under-staffed (actually un-staffed) for a long-time.  Now the real learning starts.
T. Roosevelt

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #16 on: Aug 05, 2011, 07:09 »
Congratulations fellas!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?