Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Any advice for a kind of recent graduate???

Author Topic: Any advice for a kind of recent graduate???  (Read 3688 times)

Offline wagnerag

• Very Lite User
Any advice for a kind of recent graduate???
« on: Jun 23, 2011, 03:31 »
I graduated about a year ago with a BS in Nuclear Engineering (GPA just over a 3.0). I've worked several different jobs before, but the only experience I have working with something nuclear related is working in a fuels lab for a year. I've been putting out tons of resumes, but I have yet to receive any bits. Any advice on what I can do to be more marketable or advice on where I should be applying? 

Fermi2

Re: Any advice for a kind of recent graduate???
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2011, 04:36 »
I graduated about a year ago with a BS in Nuclear Engineering (GPA just over a 3.0). I've worked several different jobs before, but the only experience I have working with something nuclear related is working in a fuels lab for a year. I've been putting out tons of resumes, but I have yet to receive any bits. Any advice on what I can do to be more marketable or advice on where I should be applying? 

Show initiative and stop being lazy, use the search function.

MacGyver

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2011, 08:38 »
With a 3.0 gpa it will not be easy (re: Engineering Dept). But, it is possible. Where do you want to work. What department are you most interested in? etc. PM "nutty neutron" (or one of the forums many contributors; or me) and get some advice one on one. The Higgs, BZ (yes above) & many more are very helpful at helping "hard chargers" get a job.

Offline wagnerag

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2011, 02:26 »
Check your PM MacGyver   :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?