Career Path > NRC

Non-Smoking Plants / facilities

<< < (2/3) > >>

DeathDose:

--- Quote ---
"watchdogs" ... is this the new politically correct verbage for stool pidgeon, aka rat?
--- End quote ---

Smoking cigarettes and cigars: taboo, smoking pole: OK

SloGlo:

--- Quote ---

Smoking cigarettes and cigars: taboo, smoking pole: OK

--- End quote ---

i remember a smoking pole, i don't think that was the name of it back then.... rather tall, with a burning chamber on top, water and/or ice filled column, and smoke extraction hose attached in the lower half of said pole.  funny, but i didn't think this apparatus was "ok" these days.  then again, it's been a while since i was ina plant.   ::)

Dan_E.:

--- Quote ---
"watchdogs" ... is this the new politically correct verbage for stool pidgeon, aka rat?
--- End quote ---

Sloglo,
We used to use the term head-hunter but I have heard that used instead of recruiter recently. I was in a public forum so yes, I used a PC term. Forgive me, it's not the way I talk in person.  ;D

Rain Man:

--- Quote ---
i remember a smoking pole, i don't think that was the name of it back then.... rather tall, with a burning chamber on top, water and/or ice filled column, and smoke extraction hose attached in the lower half of said pole.
--- End quote ---

Sloglo,  the comment is an analogy in reference to getting ahead...kissing butt...brown nosing...under the desk.....catch the drift??

allforthenukie:
Cigarette smoking IS allowed at Point Beach in the designated smoking areas. There are two of them inside the fence, and one by the training building. They are all located outside but they do have the little bus stop style shelters.
I think that smoking in the parking lot here is officially against the rules, but I've seen lots of people doing it, so I don't think that policy is being strictly enforced at this time. Of course all it takes is one person to complain to change that in a hurry.
I remember working an outage at Plant Vogtle in spring of '99, there was one designated smoking area on site, and it was monitored at all times by security guards who would watch to make sure nobody was taking too many cigarette breaks. I think we were allowed three 15 minute breaks per shift... and the walk to and from THE designated smoking area took about 12 min 'round trip. This site also had "Designated Eating and Drinking Areas" too, which I haven't seen anywhere before, or since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version