Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Non-Smoking Plants / facilities honeypot

Author Topic: Non-Smoking Plants / facilities  (Read 17717 times)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Non-Smoking Plants / facilities
« on: Aug 13, 2003, 10:22 »
Question for all - email responses appreciated.

Are there any plants / facilities that do not allow smoking on site at all ?  ??? I have heard rumors, but couldn't find anything in a quick search of the forums.

Thanks in advance for any information I get :)

Snake
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline zoomzoomie

• Very Lite User
  • Life, whatever you want it to be...
Re: Non-Smoking Plants / facilities
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2003, 11:15 »
DC Cook is a Non-Smoking Plant Site, but you will see alot of Butts in the parking lot.
Also heard from a friend Point Beach is too. ???

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2003, 12:07 »
davis besse used to be non-tobacco in plant structures, i believe this has been extended to the property line.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Dan_E.

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2003, 05:27 »
WNP-2/WPPSS-2 aka Columbia Generating Station is a non-tobacco site to the property line. Even uses "watchdogs" to monitor for and report violators, though some always sneaks past.  ;D

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2003, 06:52 »
WNP-2/WPPSS-2  "watchdogs" ;D

"watchdogs" ... is this the new politically correct verbage for stool pidgeon, aka rat?

DeathDose

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2003, 09:30 »

"watchdogs" ... is this the new politically correct verbage for stool pidgeon, aka rat?

Smoking cigarettes and cigars: taboo, smoking pole: OK

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2003, 09:53 »

Smoking cigarettes and cigars: taboo, smoking pole: OK

i remember a smoking pole, i don't think that was the name of it back then.... rather tall, with a burning chamber on top, water and/or ice filled column, and smoke extraction hose attached in the lower half of said pole.  funny, but i didn't think this apparatus was "ok" these days.  then again, it's been a while since i was ina plant.   ::)

Dan_E.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2003, 12:49 »

Sloglo,
We used to use the term head-hunter but I have heard that used instead of recruiter recently. I was in a public forum so yes, I used a PC term. Forgive me, it's not the way I talk in person.  ;D

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2003, 01:42 »

i remember a smoking pole, i don't think that was the name of it back then.... rather tall, with a burning chamber on top, water and/or ice filled column, and smoke extraction hose attached in the lower half of said pole.

Sloglo,  the comment is an analogy in reference to getting ahead...kissing butt...brown nosing...under the desk.....catch the drift??
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

allforthenukie

« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2003, 09:00 »
Cigarette smoking IS allowed at Point Beach in the designated smoking areas. There are two of them inside the fence, and one by the training building. They are all located outside but they do have the little bus stop style shelters.
I think that smoking in the parking lot here is officially against the rules, but I've seen lots of people doing it, so I don't think that policy is being strictly enforced at this time. Of course all it takes is one person to complain to change that in a hurry.
I remember working an outage at Plant Vogtle in spring of '99, there was one designated smoking area on site, and it was monitored at all times by security guards who would watch to make sure nobody was taking too many cigarette breaks. I think we were allowed three 15 minute breaks per shift... and the walk to and from THE designated smoking area took about 12 min 'round trip. This site also had "Designated Eating and Drinking Areas" too, which I haven't seen anywhere before, or since.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Aug 18, 2003, 07:09 »

Sloglo,  the comment is an analogy in reference to getting ahead...kissing butt...brown nosing...under the desk.....catch the drift??

rainman...... i'ze gettin sew cornfuzed.... howinell yinze kiss butt, brown nose, under the desk.... all ata same time?  

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2003, 09:44 »

rainman...... i'ze gettin sew cornfuzed.... howinell yinze kiss butt, brown nose, under the desk.... all ata same time?  

Some folks have been known to be quite talented.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

cpottsjr

« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2003, 06:29 »
DC Cook stopped smoking Jan 1, 2003 but brought it back at the beginning of just-completed U-1 refuel outage  --  two locations in the fence, one at warehouse, one at training center.  Expect that it will stay.  Had many people checking their tires in the parking lot during the year  --  a real waste of manpower & time  --  with minimal security or otherwise watching of the offenders.

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2003, 11:37 »
really liked columbia river, but wa. is a long way rom the east coast... We would take three cig breaks a night.  They would let you go, no problem.  We loved it...  Night shift, middle of the  dessert, beautiful clear skies, radio on low, would hate to go back in.    KEN & SUE

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?