Career Path > Training, Tests & Education

Thomas Edison Degrees

<< < (2/3) > >>

Roll Tide:

--- Quote from: em1 on Aug 25, 2004, 07:51 ---Roll Tide -I understand--I will go through with the TE Degree(includes Calc 1&2) since I only need 4 classes and I could always take 2 calculus- based physics courses later if need to (ie STA opportunities)  Thanks for the info!!

--- End quote ---

That can be an expensive decision. I have the BS without calc-based physics. I cannot just go get the additional classes and then be eligible for STA. Most plants require your transcript upon graduation to show the classes. That means paying for another degree! (Not a problem, as long as you expect it.) Also, it is like pulling teeth to get GI Bill for undergraduate classes when you already have a BS.

em1:
Roll Tide --OK understand--Last question---so, in your opinion, will getting this Thomas Edison Degree help advancing up to Licensed Reactor Operator any quicker or get me hired any quicker? (it has calc 1 and 2 but no calculus-based physics) considering that I have a MBA already and am a nuke anyway??

thanks

Roll Tide:

--- Quote from: em1 on Aug 26, 2004, 11:10 ---Roll Tide --OK understand--Last question---so, in your opinion, will getting this Thomas Edison Degree help advancing up to Licensed Reactor Operator any quicker or get me hired any quicker? (it has calc 1 and 2 but no calculus-based physics) considering that I have a MBA already and am a nuke anyway??

thanks

--- End quote ---

Since you have an MBA, the BS from TESC without calc-based physics will mean nothing. (Just my opinion, you could shoot a PM to Fermi2 and see what he thinks.)

I would wait until I could get the additional credits (I think Excelsior has the classes externally, but I am not sure) to graduate with the BS.

em1:
Yep--Human Resources at Palo Verde confirms TE useless with existing MBA and being a Navy Nuke.  How do I "shoot a PM to Fermi2"?

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote from: em1 on Aug 27, 2004, 01:22 ---Yep--Human Resources at Palo Verde confirms TE useless with existing MBA and being a Navy Nuke.  How do I "shoot a PM to Fermi2"?

--- End quote ---

Go here: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4575  and click on send this member a Personal Message. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version