Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Research Reactors in Europe  

Author Topic: Research Reactors in Europe  (Read 7775 times)

jamescan

Research Reactors in Europe
« on: Sep 03, 2004, 06:03 »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask a question about Research Reactors as I've tried trawling the internet but can't come up with anything.

I work for a company in the UK that services Neutron Detectors.  I'm tring to find research reactors in Europe that we can use to test these detectors with but have only found one or two so far.  I think there may be a few in France but haven't had any luck finding them yet either.

I specifically need to find a reactor with a thermal neutron flux and minimal gamma flux. 

I know it's a long-shot but does anyone know any information that can help?  I'd really appreciate any advice or any suggestions on where to look.

Thanks,  James.

Offline Kernwerker

• Light User
  • Strahlenschutztechniker in der Arbeitsüberwachung
Re: Research Reactors in Europe
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2004, 02:07 »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask a question about Research Reactors as I've tried trawling the internet but can't come up with anything.

I work for a company in the UK that services Neutron Detectors.  I'm tring to find research reactors in Europe that we can use to test these detectors with but have only found one or two so far.  I think there may be a few in France but haven't had any luck finding them yet either.

I specifically need to find a reactor with a thermal neutron flux and minimal gamma flux. 

I know it's a long-shot but does anyone know any information that can help?  I'd really appreciate any advice or any suggestions on where to look.

Thanks,  James.

Hi James

Well I work in a comercial NPP in southern Germany. And the only research reactors i know of in Germany are the reactors in Jülich (near Aachen) and Garching (near Munich)The others we had are decommissioned. I hope I could help you out

Bob
I work at a place with almost 2400 MW's of pure power! At the same time governed from Berlin with 100000 MW,s of bs!

A fair fight? Thats just one where theres a 50/50 chance youll LOSE. Would you b

Nuclear Professor

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2004, 10:14 »
Hi James
There is a huge number of research reactors in Europe, here is a small list of operating reactors.

Ned Xoubi
Nuclear Engineer

Country   Facility Name   Thermal Power (kW)   Type
France   CABRI   25,000.00   POOL
France   EOLE   0.10   TANK IN POOL
France   HFR   58,300.00   HEAVY WATER
France   ISIS   700.00   POOL
France   MASURCA   3.00   CRIT FAST
France   MINERVE   0.10   POOL
France   ORPHEE   14,000.00   POOL
France   OSIRIS   70,000.00   POOL
France   PHEBUS   40,000.00   POOL
France   PHENIX   563,000.00   FAST BREEDER
France   PILE AZUR   0.10   CRIT ASSEMBLY
France   SCARABEE   100,000.00   POOL
France   SILENE   1.00   HOMOG (L)
France   STRASBOURG- RONENBOURG   100.00   ARGONAUT
France   ULYSSE   100.00   ARGONAUT
France   ZOE (EL-1)   100.00   HEAVY WATER
Germany   AKR   0.00   HOMOG (S)
Germany   BER-II   10,000.00   POOL
Germany   FRG-1   5,000.00   POOL
Germany   FRJ-2 (DIDO)   23,000.00   HEAVY WATER
Germany   FRM II   20,000.00   POOL
Germany   FRMZ   100.00   TRIGA MARK II
Belgium   BR-1   4,000.00   GRAPHITE
Belgium   BR-2   100,000.00   TANK
Belgium   BR-3   40,900.00   PWR POWER
Belgium   THETIS RR-BN-1   250.00   POOL
Belgium   BR-1   4,000.00   GRAPHITE
Austria   SAR-GRAZ   10.00   ARGONAUT
Austria   TRIGA II VIENNA   250.00   TRIGA MARK II

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2004, 09:17 »
Hey - hang on - just go to the IAEA database of research reactors !  Its on line and has a fair amount of technical detail there.

http://www.iaea.org/worldatom/rrdb/

IAEA has a wealth of free (on-line) resources available including reports for the technical community. 8)
Decomm Man

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2006, 01:03 »
Wiukipedia also has a listing of these too, but its not as good a sthe IAEA one.
Decomm Man

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?