Below Average
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: EG&G  (Read 17990 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
EG&G
« on: Mar 17, 2005, 09:21 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: EG&G
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2006, 11:35 »
What nuclear work, besides INL, does EG&G have these days?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2006, 04:35 »
They had Mound. But its close to being D&D I think.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2006, 02:22 »
As far as EG&G in Idaho goes...

Negatives:  Idaho Falls office can be a bit rude and bureaucratic...

Positives:  They still pay per diem (the other contractors in Idaho don't).
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2006, 03:06 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2006, 04:09 »
Positives:  They still pay per diem (the other contractors in Idaho don't).

But they only pay it for like 60 days right?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2006, 06:27 »
But they only pay it for like 60 days right?

No.  That is what the other parts of INL do, but AMWTP hasn't followed CWI's lead...yet.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006, 07:02 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2006, 10:38 »
They pay per diem and have the best benefits package in the rent a tech buisness that I have seen.  8) They recently got a contract at argon east I believe.

alphadude

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2006, 09:58 »
never worked for them but the local guy seems to be pretty nice and a good fellow to deal with.

ladyinrad

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2006, 01:31 »
never worked for them but the local guy seems to be pretty nice and a good fellow to deal with.

Lyn Wickham is great! Excellent company to work for and a super 401k plan!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2006, 04:50 »
...a super 401k plan!!!

That is very true!  :)

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2007, 05:36 »
As for Argon, they won't pay per diem, so EGG is only taking local candidates.

Offline Tina

• Moderate User
  • Face wht your afraid of, Find out wht your made of
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2007, 11:42 »
 :) When I applied way back when with EG&G they gave me to there sister company of Theta Technologies  ::)  but, while I was at Mound it always seemed that EG&G was the better half  ::) I dont even know if Theta is still around they aren't listed  ::) on the nukeworker company list  ???

Offline Paladin

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2007, 08:28 »
On the Idaho Falls Office:

Yes, they can be rude and bureaucratic. I also urge caution. Back in 03 a number of people were paid considerably less than the amount stated in their offer letters. On the other hand there is the eastern office and they appear to be fairly straight shooters.  It's hard to believe that the two could operate so differently.

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2007, 11:28 »
I agree. EG&G was very rude to me. (the office gal in particular didn't want to give me the time of day) They also did not give all the info I needed to work for them. Such as a "contractor" was not allowed to sit in a company vehicle, while HOUSE people are given a vehicle to ride in with a credit card. Other house people have to pay $7 a week. CONTRACTORS are on their own. Lynn doesn't tell you that!  This is to get to work. It is a 60 mile drive from Idaho Falls.
Lynn was a true salesman. As long as the product was sold (me) he did not care after I was reeled in.
They do pay diem only for 60 days. But DO NOT tell you that the place where you will be working discriminates against contractors.
So if you want to work at INL, work for Bartlett at the main facility.

Offline Tina

• Moderate User
  • Face wht your afraid of, Find out wht your made of
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2007, 11:52 »
 ;) My two cents worth says... When in Idaho go to Marcom.... ;)

ladyinrad

« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2007, 09:24 »
I agree. EG&G was very rude to me. (the office gal in particular didn't want to give me the time of day) They also did not give all the info I needed to work for them. Such as a "contractor" was not allowed to sit in a company vehicle, while HOUSE people are given a vehicle to ride in with a credit card. Other house people have to pay $7 a week. CONTRACTORS are on their own. Lynn doesn't tell you that!  This is to get to work. It is a 60 mile drive from Idaho Falls.
Lynn was a true salesman. As long as the product was sold (me) he did not care after I was reeled in.
They do pay diem only for 60 days. But DO NOT tell you that the place where you will be working discriminates against contractors.
So if you want to work at INL, work for Bartlett at the main facility.

The next time you are looking for work check that particular site out on Nukeworker. This website will give you both the positives and negatives. You can also send private messages to members requesting more info about the site.

Gotta love Nukeworker! 

nukewood

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2007, 06:04 »
I agree ,if you have to work in Idaho, go with Marcom.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?