Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu will I be denied b/c of past diagnosed depression honeypot

Author Topic: will I be denied b/c of past diagnosed depression  (Read 8201 times)

kms75

I was diagnosed with depression 2 years ago. how will this affect my chances for getting a Q clearance

alphadude

Re: will I be denied b/c of past diagnosed depression
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2004, 06:58 »
If you get a doctor statement to counter this, you may have success.  Are you on meds?  You could possible get an "L". 

ramdog_1

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2004, 10:06 »
I new guys who had Q's and lost them becuse they went into re-hab. and I know workers have not its up the person doing your PSQ, always tell the trurth they will find out if you are not . they will find friends of yours you have forgotten about ,

alphadude

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2004, 07:20 »
Remeber what the "Q" is about.  SECRET STUFF and working around weapons.  I agree-tell the truth-don't hold back- but it is a question on the application and taking meds may prohibit your performance when you may be asked to take a "lie detector" exam.  Good luck.

urtall1

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2004, 11:18 »
I doubt you will be denied.  But as they are telling you here, be truthful about it.  If you tell the truth and don't present a security problem as far as our national security goes, then it should not be a problem.  I had a Q once, a very long time ago, and I had some other bad skeletons in my closet and I told them about it.  As long as they know, then they can help you.  All you got to do is tell them that if someone came up to you, wanting something, information, files, etc, is to contact security.  And they will help you.  It takes sometimes up to 2 years to get a Q depending on how much you have moved around, so worse case, you could work for 2 years before getting laid off, cause you couldn't secure the Q. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?