Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How to fix outlook

Author Topic: How to fix outlook  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
How to fix outlook
« on: Sep 12, 2004, 06:16 »
I seem to FUBAR my outlook all the time, like when I have to reinstall Office.  When I do that, I lose all of my saved emails.  This tells you how to restore your old email folder.  Well, it might not be exact for you, but It will give you a LOT of help to get you on your way.

In outlook:
Tools > Email Accounts > Change account

Under “Deliver new email to the following location:”
   Click on [new outlook data file], and find the good data file. You will probably have to look in:
                C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst
                This is a hidden system folder, so you will have to unhide it.

Then change the drop down from “Personal Folders”
               To   “Personal Folders File”
   Follow prompts, Click finish.

File > Data File Management > delete the bad file.
   Follow prompts, and close.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: How to fix outlook
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2004, 02:41 »
TY I too have the same problem, hopefully I'll be able to fix it now. I appreciate the help. I am soooo computer illiterate >:(
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2004, 03:08 »
Alternatly, if you take that file from your old user ID and put it in the folder with your new user id, it should work.

shayne

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2005, 11:28 »
I keep my Outlook.pst in another location.  The easiest way to move it is to move it where you want it.

Open Outlook
File
Open Outlook Data File
Browse to find your data file where you moved it.
OK

Your Outlook should default to this data file.  Any time you upgrade or re-install Outlook, just reopen Outlook and go open your Outlook Data File.  I perform backups to a backup.pst (different location again) every month or so, just in case.  Easy to restore if problems develop.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2005, 05:09 »
Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup
The Personal Folders Backup download creates backup copies of your .PST files at regular intervals, in Outlook 2000 and later versions, making it easy to keep all of your Outlook folders safely backed up.

I set mine to every day.

Backing up your Microsoft Outlook information is quicker and easier with the Personal Folders Backup feature. Personal Folders Backup creates backup copies of your .PST files at regular intervals, in Outlook 2000 and later versions, making it easy to keep all of your Outlook folders safely backed up.

With Personal Folders Backup, you can choose which of your .PST files you wish to back up, and how often you wish to back them up.

Each .PST file contains all of your Outlook folders, including the Inbox, Calendar, and Contacts. You can have a single .PST file (usually called "Internet Folders" or "Personal Folders" in your Folder List), but you might also have an additional .PST file that you use for archiving ("Archiving Folders"). Personal Folders Backup lets you back up any or all of these .PST files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF-5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2005, 05:10 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?