Atlantic Group

Above Average
32 (34.4%)
Average
29 (31.2%)
Below Average
32 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: DZ Atlantic Group  (Read 233176 times)

wls112@msn.com

Atlantic group info. please
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 03:37 »
Please post the Atlantic Group contact info. for me.  Thank You!

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Atlantic group info. please
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 04:42 »
This info is in the Talk About Atlantic Group thread in the Facility & Company information forum. 

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,3113.0.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:35 by Nuclear NASCAR »
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
Re: Atlantic Group
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 08:51 »
I hear they have the Cooper contract for the upcoming Fall Outage. Don't know how they'll staff it with a planned 25 day outage while there is other work at the same time of longer duration.

Has anyone heard how well the Alantic Group been able to staff all these contracts they've picked up?
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

shovelheadred

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 09:25 »
....This season starting in February at River Bend and completing the cycle at IP-2, I have had no problems with Atlantic..always professional, and its either yes or no with them, no middle of the road.....Insurance is reasonable, per-diem is above average, money is average...they give a half dollar increase for every Entergy job worked, up to 4 jobs,,,,Fred Erskine has been to site numerous times..so thats the facts as I see them............red

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 11:20 »
I'll just say.....I prefer Bartlett and leave it at that.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #30 on: Oct 24, 2006, 10:29 »
Bought by Day & Zimmermann. Should be interesting combination.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

scruffy

« Reply #31 on: Oct 25, 2006, 02:36 »

but what is it that you give?

We GIVE you a good rep. if you treat us right. Dont the employees of a company have the right to offer suggestions?

remowil55

« Reply #32 on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:40 »
DFR:You have a right to compain if you were mislead or somone didn't take the time to look at your resume and see that you had more time in this business that a week,And you drive half way across the crountry only to find out the hard way that your getting screwed. Being mislead is just plain wrong, period!!!! And illegalsmile you nailed it pretty darn close. Remo

scruffy

« Reply #33 on: Nov 30, 2006, 01:35 »
I was curious I am at an atlantic outage and they did not pay any holiday pay for the techs but did pay time and a half for those fortunate to work the holiday. Is this normal for Atlantic and if so why does anybody work for them this is the first time in 24 years of working commercial nuke to not get a holiday.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2006, 03:30 »
I was curious I am at an atlantic outage and they did not pay any holiday pay for the techs but did pay time and a half for those fortunate to work the holiday. Is this normal for Atlantic and if so why does anybody work for them this is the first time in 24 years of working commercial nuke to not get a holiday.
Yes, that is normal for their HP powerplant contracts.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2006, 08:46 »
I was curious I am at an atlantic outage and they did not pay any holiday pay for the techs but did pay time and a half for those fortunate to work the holiday.

I worked a contract for another company without even getting 1.5 time for the holidays worked. I would prefer to get paid...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Dec 02, 2006, 07:47 »
Holiday pay is also a contract thing.  Some plants will pay the holiday if you don't work, depends on the utility.  Most don't.  Standard in the business.
It is what it is!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
Day & Zimmermann
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2007, 01:15 »
Don't forget to vote. Keep your comments civil.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #38 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:00 »
How many assignments does Atlantic have in Fall 2007?

shovelheadred

« Reply #39 on: Mar 14, 2007, 11:39 »
...who cares man,,spring doesnt start for a week!!!!!!!!!!red

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #40 on: Mar 15, 2007, 02:06 »
Seems that I do!!!!!!!!!RG

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #41 on: Mar 15, 2007, 06:11 »
How many assignments does Atlantic have in Fall 2007?

Hey RG,  you talk'n HP/Decon assignments or Maintenance assignments or both.  Cant help ya on the maintenance side.  As far as HP/Decon goes, and i'm probably off by a few, I'm only seeing 2 - Palisades and & River Bend - as i said i'm probably off by a bunch buts thats what i've seen thus far in the pre-planning stages for the fall season.  Oh and I almost forgot, about a third of Hope Creek.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EB
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #42 on: Mar 16, 2007, 04:53 »
Thanks EB!

I assumed I missed something, somewhere, somehow.........apparently not!

The answering machine should have an easy time staffing that schedule!

TY, RG!

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #43 on: Mar 16, 2007, 08:04 »
Correct me if I am wrong, there are only about 19 outages this fall.  Atlantic only has a few, but may have some backups????  Time will tell.
It is what it is!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2007, 10:26 »
Correct me if I am wrong, there are only about 19 outages this fall.  Atlantic only has a few, but may have some backups????  Time will tell.

I list 24 outages, average Fall season goes with about 24 to 30 (give or take), Fall '06 35 outages, Fall '05 only 24 like this upcoming Fall, '04 & '03 gave us 30 outages each.   As far as back-ups go I'm sure they have back-ups in place or are looking to get them in place, just like we have them or will look to have them in place for the 2 outages they'll be staffing.  Oops make that 2.3 that they will be staffing.  Whether or not they will be given the greenlight is another story.  As you say, time will tell.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Mar 16, 2007, 10:20 »
...who cares man,,spring doesnt start for a week!!!!!!!!!!red
C'mon red be positive. Spring DOES start in a week.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #46 on: Mar 17, 2007, 11:47 »
WAY off topic.

LaFeet

« Reply #47 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:52 »
Sorry about that Renn..... Ill try to be a good boy.

About Atlantic..... better per diem, same pay, and usually the same site reps that Bartlett had. 

I hate to say it this way, Atlantic or Bartlett -  I chose the plants I like to work.  Not the company with the contract.   I still have my military retirement and unemployment to keep food on the table.

I do think Bartlett is stepping up,  they really came through for us at Ft Calhoun.  It was great getting the bonus before leaving site.   Thanks Guys (and Gals)

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #48 on: Mar 24, 2007, 04:58 »
Yes, I assume their exists the potential of a couple of backup contracts in the future, but filling those contracts may prove to be quite a challenge for the current management team!  Obviously, I see the necessity of supporting this company and inspiring its successful existence, but then again, I find it difficult to support a management team with an apparent business plan for disaster!   

I’ve seen this scenario play out before, different company name, but the same LACK of CUSTOMER SERVICE game!  Obviously the management team has failed to recognize Technicians as Customers.  If your trying to sell an individual something, (such as an assignment), believe it or not, they are a customer!  It seems apparent that some company representatives have placed themselves on a plateau, far above their bread and butter.  That worked great in the 80’s when techs were a dime a dozen and outages lasted 6 months, but maintaining that egotistical philosophy today, is a proven road to disaster!  I'm sure some contract company managers will find it impossible to believe, but if a Technician isn't working for you, THEY are providing their services via the other guy!  In some cases, at the same facility where you hold the prime contract. 

How about the paying customers, (Utilities)?  There also seems to be a little confusion on the aspects of customer service with contractual agreements.  Excuse me for being so antiquated, but there isn’t a contract company in the world, going to tell me how to do business in my own house!  If you want to force feed a contract stipulation down a customer’s throat, contrary to the customer’s request, be prepared for an appropriate response!  I had the misfortune of experiencing that venue at one site a few years ago, two months later that company no longer provided their services, actually that company ceased to exist!

Strangely enough, I have never understood the self appointed amnesty clause of some dysfunctional managers?  I'm sure many of the Techs know the situation.  The ditz calls you up, gives you a big buddy greeting and asks for your assistance to resolve some of their staffing needs!  After you remind them of their previous distasteful business decisions and the issues pertaining to their integrity and honesty, they always offer the same reply, “Oh, That’s water under the Bridge"!  Well, Right you are!  It's an ocean, ten miles deep!  I know many techs who maintain the same communications venue as me; I'll talk to any other company representative, except her/him!  As immature as it may seem, don't call me, I'll call you and that's Forever + a day! 

Hopefully things will improve in the immediate future and performance issue will be rectified.  Of course I'm always on guard for the precursors of disaster.  Most Technicians know what I'm talking about, lose of contracts, bait and switch assignments, last minute notification of dissolved assignments, shell game tactics of staffing other projects and assigning blame to technicians for leaving assignments early (against the customers request) and payroll problems that take more than a day before you have cash in hand!

Foresight or Hindsight, Your Choice, RG...................... ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2007, 08:35 by RAD-GHOST »

LaFeet

« Reply #49 on: Mar 24, 2007, 05:52 »
OUCH.... I guess I really am still new to the "commercial" aspect of this business.  Sorry you had so many slight of hand RG.... hope the future pans out well for you.  As for me, I still have not had a bad deal.  I guess the worst thing is a cap on travel.  But thats something I can overcome with overtime. 

Atlantic has been better than Bartlett lately.  I dont hold grudges, but I also do not forget.

Bartlett got me into my first outage and kept me on.  I will still work for them if I can get the plants I want to work at.

Atlantic has managed to pick up the "Entergy Banner" (contract) and I enjoy working at those plants.  I try not to be a pain in the site co-ordinators buttocks and do a good job.  That holds true for whoever has the contract.

RG.... iffen we happen apon the same plant, I'll buy you a beer or three. ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?