Atlantic Group

Above Average
32 (34.4%)
Average
29 (31.2%)
Below Average
32 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: DZ Atlantic Group  (Read 233204 times)

Atlantic

DZ Atlantic Group
« on: Sep 16, 2004, 10:31 »
This is the Talk about Atlantic Group thread.  Don't forget to vote, keep your comments civil, and perhaps read the forum rules.

Summary:
No pay for holidays, no direct deposit, per Diem and salary on one check.
Atlantic has a lot of Numanco People working in their new Rad division, and has a lot of their old contracts.
Day-Zimmerman bought Atlantic Group
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007, 11:41 by Rennhack »

Japetto

Atlantic Group
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2005, 03:01 »
Hey, I just heard the Atlantic Group won the NMC Contract from Bartlett.  I also understand it was one of their strong holds, and they didn't underbid to win it and that the pay was actually going up at all the sites. Anyone else heard this? If that's the case I for one think competition can be a good thing for us techs. 8)
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2005, 06:26 by Rennhack »

ramdog_1

was it not the old numanco sites in the old days?
and how many numanco personal went over to atlantic. its all good . no matter what.

sofar

Re: Atlantic Group
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2005, 01:21 »
Don't know about the other NMC sites but I do know the pay went up at Point Beach.  Yes we were a Numanco site before Bartlett, and from what i've seen of the resumes comming in for our fall outage there are a number of Numanco Techs in the Atlantic Group lists.  It will be nice to see some old friends again. 

Offline justme

• Moderate User
Atlantic group
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2006, 07:40 »
As Atlantic group has now picked up the NMC plants, and Entergy plants, was wondering how the company was to work for as an RP tech?  Are things similar to working for Bartlett and old Numanco?  Pay, treatment, process for getting jobs, etc.   May be working for them this fall so wanted an idea how things are with the "new guy", for RP, on the block.  Thanks for any info.
It is what it is!

shovelheadred

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2006, 03:11 »
..I am currently working at River Bend for Atlantic,,,,Kristie Inman and Roxana(from Bartlett)..are the recruters..top shelf..............John Ellison from Numanco, may just be the reason the Entergy contract was won..........Larry Booker( from Virginia) is in the office.......we are working an emergency shutdown and have had no payroll, processing or office problems.........I am also going to IP with them .....the per diem is over 100/day at each site.take it for what its worth...we are satisfied in Louisiana..........

Offline Dustball

• Moderate User
  • -40F Keeps out the RiffRaff
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2006, 04:35 »
Hey, That's good to hear.  Since we're sitting here at an NMC plant that chose Atlantic.  We were fearful that it was another NMC (no money company) mistake picking the low ball solution.  Sounds like they recruited some good people and old school recruiters!  I worked for John a few years back at ANO.  Good news that there actually is some competition out there against Bartlett.

remowil55

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2006, 06:19 »
The Atlantic Group is a top notch company.They got the BEST recruiter in the business. You be straight with her she will with you. Remo

LaFeet

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:02 »
And just who might this recuiter be???? hmmmmmm???

If it is the fiesty one in Tulsa, I would have to agree.

Besides, I still owe her lunch  :P

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2006, 10:55 »
Anyone have any info on Atlantic's health insurance? What kind of coverage they offer employees and how much out of pocket it cost? Any info would be great

LaFeet

« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:13 »
Best bet would be to call them.... they seem really eager to help out.  Especially those from the Tulsa office.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:09 »
Best bet would be to call them.... they seem really eager to help out.  Especially those from the Tulsa office.
Got a phone # I can contact them at?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:33 »
Check our job board company directory.  Their number is listed, as well as all of the other companies in the buisness.
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007, 11:31 by Rennhack »

RAD-GHOST

ATLANTIC is the rumor true?
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2006, 03:01 »
I caught this one Thursday, Atlantic has once again edge out, "the other guy", on three more contracts. 

Now I see postings for Techs at Palo?

Inquiring minds want to know?

RG

Atomic_Punk

Re: ATLANTIC is the rumor true?
« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2006, 04:53 »
The Palo deal is probably a back-up contract. 

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2006, 11:42 »
Better than Big Blue, just get more contracts.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

illegalsmile

« Reply #16 on: Apr 21, 2006, 11:58 »
has anybody worked for them long enough to know?

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 21, 2006, 12:06 »
Anyone who would dare to go up against the "Dark Side" of Nuclear Power is definately worth my time. 8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

illegalsmile

« Reply #18 on: Apr 22, 2006, 11:59 »
It's certainly worth our time to find out how they're gonna work out, but I'm starting to believe that all the companies end up the same. We're the whores and they are the pimps. They're never going to treat us any differently than we've been treated in the past and we might as well accept it and try not to take it personally. The competition between two companies will have positive (you'll be able to get more than one job offer at a time to pick from) and negatives (the companies will have to try to kiss the plants' asses more to get the contracts, and they're going to want to use our lips to do it).
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2006, 12:02 by illegalsmile »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2006, 01:59 »
It's certainly worth our time to find out how they're gonna work out, but I'm starting to believe that all the companies end up the same. We're the whores and they are the pimps. They're never going to treat us any differently than we've been treated in the past and we might as well accept it and try not to take it personally. The competition between two companies will have positive (you'll be able to get more than one job offer at a time to pick from) and negatives (the companies will have to try to kiss the plants' asses more to get the contracts, and they're going to want to use our lips to do it).
Crude, but accurate.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2006, 04:36 »

I love Rent-A-Techs!  8)
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline DFR

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2006, 01:53 »

What would you do differently? Companies bid against each other and then provided you with an option to accept payment terms or not. If you accept the terms, how is it that you have a right to complain? Why don't you give us an idea of what you would like to see done differently. I always hear a lot of about what techs want, but what is it that you give? Why don't you offer up something constructive? The more companies the better. The more options you will have.
David Romaine
President/CEO
Radiological Assessment Services, Inc

Offline DFR

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2006, 02:01 »
Atlantic is also teamed with RASI for DOE, DOD, EPA, USACE, and other federal projects. They are pursing every available opportunity to bring techs more and better options and work opportunities.
David Romaine
President/CEO
Radiological Assessment Services, Inc

illegalsmile

« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:42 »
It looks like I hit a nerve, sorry Dave, just painting the picture. I didn't make it that way, I just live with it, like all the other road trash out here. Making an observation isn't a complaint. It's just a fact of life, the bean counters run the show and even the HP/RP supervision at the plants have little or nothing to say about how much we're paid or how we get treated. What would I do? Fire all the accountants and the people who listen to them then pay the road whores the same rate as you pay the house mouses. Add government rate per diem for those elligible for it. How's that for a pipe dream?

illegalsmile

« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2006, 05:59 »
Good points, Dan. Any ops Atlantic, or any other company pursues are to increase their business and their profits. They will probably pay us as much as they can afford to and still make a worthy profit off our services, but our income and welfare are not the reasons they are in business. It's dog eat dog, rat eat rat.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?