Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Scaffolding  

Author Topic: Scaffolding  (Read 9036 times)

hanrahan

Scaffolding
« on: Sep 10, 2003, 05:50 »
I am looking for comments on Peri-Rossette scaffolding.  Comments good or bad are appreciated.

DainJer

Re: Peri-Rossette Scaffolding
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2003, 07:20 »
Sorry, i've never heard of or used it.  Google doesnt know what it is either :)

hanrahan

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2003, 11:38 »
I was told it is somewhat like Excel in that is easier to install and take down (claim 20% faster than tube and clamp).  It is my understanding it is approved for use in Canada (Canadian Standards Association) whereas Excel is not.  That's why we cannot use Excel - I'll try to find out who makes/sells it.

DainJer

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2003, 01:47 »
I'm surprised Exel isn't used, Bartlett seems to have close ties to the company.
The website shows PERI is alot like Excel.
From experience Excel and almost all system scaffolds are much quicker than "Pole & Knuckle".
But....Most plants do not buy all needed components for outages, this requires us to use Pole and Knuckle to do certain builds.

Any of the system scaffolding is great, if the proper components are brought in, the time savings they give are null and void in most scaffolding situations you find in Nukes. And time is also slow until acceptance and familiarity of the scaffolding is found.

Try to use Excel at Dresden and you will get laughed at, it hasn't been accepted yet....Byron uses Excel for every scaffold possible (maybe thats one reason the outages are under 20 days).

I couldn't find Specs for the PERI scaffold, Excel is Medium duty scaffolding, it holds 50lbs per square foot on almost any of the components this makes it exceptional for some of the weight bearing applications needed at Nuke plants (you know, the 500lb boilermakers :)

I highly recommend system scaffolding to any plant.
After the intial growing pains it does cut time off builds, and is usually more suitable for being seismically sound.
I also wanted to mention that Excel is currently the only Scaffold i am aware of that in the U.S. we are allowed to "tie-off" to.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2003, 02:13 »

I highly recommend system scaffolding to any plant.

Far East bamboo scaffolding works quite well.....especially on those high iron jobs.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2003, 08:36 »

Far East bamboo scaffolding works quite well.....especially on those high iron jobs.

Rain Man - check it out ... Spiderman "chau.jpg" has woven bamboo webs all over Hong Kong for 35 years. He counts the 70-story Bank of China, the most famous of Hong Kong's modern landmarks, among his accomplishments. On a good day he can earn up to $130.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9710/20/hong.kong.spiderman/index.html
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2003, 09:24 »
Straphael, saw more than a bit of bamboo scaffolding in Hong Kong in the early-mid 70s.  It's really amazing that they have as few accidents as they do.  Health and Safety Officers and OSHA in the US would have coronaries.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2003, 11:09 »
Straphael, saw more than a bit of bamboo scaffolding in Hong Kong in the early-mid 70s.  It's really amazing that they have as few accidents as they do.  Health and Safety Officers and OSHA in the US would have coronaries.

Rain Man - Ditto to the coronaries!
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?