Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Usernames...how did you come up with yours??  

Author Topic: Usernames...how did you come up with yours??  (Read 132080 times)

Nuclear Hooker

Usernames...how did you come up with yours??
« on: Sep 22, 2004, 01:48 »
Hey everybody,
Just wondering how you came up with your usernames!!!  For instance, my last name is Hooker, Hence the username Hooker.  I had it Nuclear Hooker, but I guess that was offensive to some of the "professionals"

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Usernames...how did you come up with yours??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2004, 02:19 »
If I have to tell anyone where my user name comes from, I'll exhume Bear Bryant!

(I have too many irons in the fire to enjoy college football appropriately this year, but I realized working out of state how fanatical the rest of the country would consider typical Alabama fan actions.)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Austria

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2004, 02:28 »
I've been living in Austria for a few years now and I couldn't think of anything else to call myself.  :o

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2004, 02:58 »
All I had to do was look at my site badge and come up with mine.....

Offline CarolinaGirl

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2004, 03:02 »
I’m a Tarheel thru and thru

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2004, 03:56 »
I was either too stupid or sleep starved and couldn't think of anything else. I guess it keeps me honest.

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2004, 04:40 »
I really do have llamas   

<---------Me and one of my two llamas

roadhard

« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2004, 06:44 »
23 years of this business - what else would I be?

Those of you who know me, know my snow white tan makes Edgar Winter look like Lawrence Taylor. So the avatar comes compliments of the pet name, 
"Powder," Eric Simon tagged me with circa 1999 @ TMI.

I'd use my real name, Thomas Farrell, but it doesn't have the "color" I could use.

KevsHarley

« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2004, 07:22 »
After many years of tears, I finally put myself in a secure place with money that I went last year and bought my first 03' Heritage Softail.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2004, 07:52 »
Mine is the way I usually use to teach people the pronunciation of my last name.

Bierkortte = Beer + Court.

My family actually pronounces it differently, but nobody would ever say it right if I tried to teach them.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2004, 08:14 »
Mine's the song title of a killer old Van Halen tune.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2004, 08:22 »
Umm, well I had to come up with something, I like NASCAR (& most every form of racing) , & I couldn't think of anything else.   :P
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

lilbit

« Reply #12 on: Sep 23, 2004, 12:06 »
I got my name from my Great-grandad when I was 3, with a slap upside the head for not answering him, when I had no idea who he was talking to.  Found out after the slap that that was what he was going to call me and have had the name since.    So, mine is a family tradition and I'll never forget him as long as others use his name for me with respect as he did to me!!!  He was a respectful, loving man.  I will never  forget him and will try to always keep his memory alive!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2004, 12:08 by lilbit »

basketlady

« Reply #13 on: Sep 23, 2004, 07:06 »
I sell Longaberger Baskets.....hence, Basketlady.

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #14 on: Sep 23, 2004, 07:28 »
I lived about a block from the Duke Campus back then.  It is also a take off on Duke Nuke'm....take no prisoners.
Is it time for coffee yet?

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Sep 23, 2004, 08:08 »
after chinese astrology and reading tea leaves were fruitless I sprong upon the idea "wait I can shread apart my first and last name, put them togeather again and have something identifiable and aestically pleasing" and voila! jessjen was born.

rapid

« Reply #16 on: Sep 23, 2004, 09:10 »
phrog brewer and waldo fenton gave me the name rapid, and they gave slo-joe davidson his to at the st. lucie outage in '79.

rapid

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 23, 2004, 09:25 »
I registered when I was house at Calvert.  I'm sure plenty of folks have heard the term before, I was lucky enough to grab it before someone else.  Although I'm no longer house, I like the "handle" so I've kept it.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

jowlman

« Reply #18 on: Sep 23, 2004, 10:24 »
Mike Henry nicknamed me "Heavy Jowls" while we were working at Susquehanna over the years it has evoled to Jowlman.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 23, 2004, 11:19 »
I was stationed on the Gilmore in 74' and one of the guys made up mailboxes for us. My name was too long to fit in the space so he took out the 'ark' and when I saw it, it was phonetically 'first'. I like that! Kept it ever since. I also use 'phurst one' or 'phurstone' 
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #20 on: Sep 23, 2004, 11:35 »
Mine came from the boys @ BV beacuse I tend to remember all different kinds of obcsure mindless trivial information that most would forget after they hear it.  It comes from the Rain Man movie.  So if you need to know the name of the actress who played the old gypsy woman in the original "Wolfman" movie PM me.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

allforthenukie

« Reply #21 on: Sep 23, 2004, 11:52 »
     I came up with mine from the Limp Bizkit song "Nookie" that was popular at the time. He "did it all for the nookie", and I did it all for the NUKIE.  ;)

radgal

« Reply #22 on: Sep 23, 2004, 01:29 »
Well I don't think mine is too hard to guess my job/my profession. Simple to think up.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2005, 04:31 by Rad Gal »

RCLCPO

« Reply #23 on: Sep 23, 2004, 02:38 »
RCLCPO stands for Reactor Control division Leading Chief Petty Officer, my title while on the USS Chicago, SSN721.  All who know me know that 4 shots of espresso with 4 shots of hot water makes the best cup of coffee....

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #24 on: Sep 23, 2004, 06:07 »
Its a multiple pun. dark matter refers to the missing mass of the universe, proposed answers are W.I.M.P.s or MACHOS. (look it up at an astrophysics site). I also like Sci-fi (can't you guess that one?) And of course with most of my working having been a Nuclear Nomad Merc. the Bobba Fett Avatar fits right in. I have a sense of humor (no longer an asset at most utilities),

Update on dark matter theory: now the astrophysics say there are dense dark matter balls to explain missing mass and gravity effects.  (heh, heh, I could'of tol em that.)
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2005, 09:48 by darkmatter »
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?