Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Usernames...how did you come up with yours??

Author Topic: Usernames...how did you come up with yours??  (Read 132083 times)

LaFeet

Re: Usernames...how did you come up with yours??
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2007, 05:33 »
Shots of tequila, history books and submarine background..... oh yeah... rum and beer too

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2007, 01:03 »
Cuz I've been around for a while - started in '64  :-X and was the mentor for a lot of the present (and retired) industry RPMs ::) and like an older friend of mine will still be doing it when a lot of present nukes are retired ;D, I refuse to quit 8)
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline nuclearnavajo

• Very Lite User
  • Well, I was poor and needed the money...
« Reply #102 on: Dec 10, 2007, 07:01 »
Nuclear + Navajo = nuclearnavajo
Sleep is for the weak, and the Aux building.

Fermi2

« Reply #103 on: Dec 10, 2007, 09:39 »
Broadzilla, the best dang band in the world. (Well that and Rehab, but Rehab wasn't a band when I registered here.

Mike

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #104 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:48 »
While in school, someone made a comment about wondering what neutrons taste like.  I said fast neutrons taste like peanuts.  Thenuttyneutron came from my answer.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #105 on: Dec 11, 2007, 07:32 »
Ex-Navy ET = Ex-Navy RO...∆ Rho or δρ = change in reactivity.  I was supposed to know at all times.

Now for something entirely different.  I wish I could remember the Rod Height song (sang to Raw Hide) we made up in HTFF class...

Something like:

Boiling, boiling, boiling...boiling, boiling, boiling...keep those nuclides boiling -- rod height.  My mind's calculating the xenon we're creating and    sadly, that's all I can remember. :-\ 

Anyway, back on topic...boring name.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline guppy

• Light User
« Reply #106 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:08 »
I was filling out the forms and trying to think of a name.  Just then, I looked over at the fish tank "Guppy" came to mind.  My real name is Greg McDonald if anyone is out there looking for me.  I tried to change my screen name once but it seems impossible.
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

S3GLMS

« Reply #107 on: Dec 11, 2007, 10:02 »
I worked as staff at the S3G prototype in New York for the Navy when we began final destructive testing and decommissioning.  By the time we had destaffed I was the last one left from the crew.  I was the S3G Last Man Standing while I finished my tour with the staff at MARF next door. So S3GLMS

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #108 on: Dec 11, 2007, 10:38 »
pet - comes from pet_cow - before he was banned - I added it in a bit of protest - I liked pet_cow's discussions.
snake - old nickname form the road, no longer in use, but toolazy to re-register.

probably should come up with one relating to my current priorities......

OK, the new one relates to my priorities - Dad first, at the house with the kids.  :)
Also I am a house tech, after years on the road... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

navytwinmom

« Reply #109 on: Dec 11, 2007, 11:41 »
Well i use twinmom (or variations of it) as a user name on just about everything (please dont try and hack my bank account...there aint any money in there anyways)...cause i have twins. I added the navy part cause they are in the navy now...guess it is not that original but it works and most people can figure it out....but quite a few think i am in the navy and a twin and a mom...but thats ok to i guess.

take care

Donna

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #110 on: Dec 11, 2007, 11:57 »
x( former), obx( Outerbanks), doc(had to do with my business)

mlslstephens

« Reply #111 on: Dec 11, 2007, 01:19 »
After 22 years in the Navy, I am known as a Lifer.  So I spelled out Navy Lifer as if it were my liscense plate.  Some people however, think I'm a Navigator because of the Nav part.  This is clearly not true.  I was a Weapons Officer and proud of it.  If you check out my summary page, it shows my sex as male so I couldn't have been a Navigator.  :)

X (Who knows what this means)

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #112 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:41 »
Google it!
ISOCS
I found " Islamic Society of Colorado Springs" and "Indian Society of Cacti and Succulents".
Which one?

blackballedsnake

« Reply #113 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:47 »
My username is self-explanatory...I'm a baaad boy!! :-[ Yes, it's true! :o I "zigged", when I should've "zagged"!! :D I'm still in 'da "bad radworker" penalty box. >:( I'm out in 15 months...I hope? :D Just nod yer head and smile. ;D ;) C-ya in the funny papers!

s1wlightning@msn.com

« Reply #114 on: Dec 19, 2007, 06:12 »
Well first, I took the square root of my age and used the numbers and correlated that to the letters of the chinese alphabet.  Using my secret spy decoder ring I got out of a craker jack box when I was five I decoded the 18th word on every page of the book "Angels and Demons" by Mike Brown.  I transleted the Chinese to english and using the letters from that and from the decoded book I wrote all the letters on individual pieces of paper and put that into a bingo cage and turned the crank.  At this time I realized that it was becoming to much work so I decided to go with the first motorcycle I owned a 98' Buell S1 White Lightning.  The other formula was just not working out to well... kept coming up with jiberish.

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #115 on: Dec 20, 2007, 03:22 »
St. Raphael
The name of this archangel (Raphael = "God has healed") Raphael (Standard Hebrew רפאל, "God has healed", "God Heals", "God, Please Heal", and many other combinations of the two words, Arabic: Israfil, اسرافيل) is the name of an archangel of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, who performs all manner of healing. The Hebrew word for a doctor of medicine is Rophe connected to the same root word as Raphael.

Of seven archangels in the angelology of post-Exilic Judaism, only Michael, mentioned as archangel (Daniel 12:1) and Gabriel are mentioned by name in the scriptures that came to be accepted as canonical by all Christians. Raphael is mentioned by name in the Book of Tobit, which is accepted as canonical by Catholics and Orthodox. Four others, however, are named in the 2nd century BC Book of Enoch (chapter xxi): Uriel, Raguel, Sariel, and Jarahmeel.

« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007, 03:28 by St Raphael »
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline Rather Hunt Than Tech

• Light User
  • It's not Rocket Science we're only Splitting Atoms
« Reply #116 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:43 »
I have my profession and my passion.  My user name puts them in order.
ATF: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Goverment Agency

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #117 on: Dec 23, 2007, 01:51 »
I sign all of my email, etc. as:

- Greg

I just moved the hypen over to the right a little bit...
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #118 on: Dec 23, 2007, 12:31 »
private joke with a friend

Then there is the story about how “Smart People” above got his screen name.  He got that from a story I shared with him, about an Experience I had passing through Tennessee.  I stopped at a fireworks stand, so that I could stretch my legs.  Fireworks are illegal in my state, and I was a young man, very interested in making things go boom.

The proprietor of the fireworks establishment was an older southern man, with a typical Tennessee accent.  He was as interested in me, as I was the fireworks.  He asked questions about my education, and was surprised to hear that I had graduated High School.  He was very interested to know that I worked in the nuclear industry.  He confided in me that he had only completed the 3rd grade.  Then he said; “I like being around smart people, that’s how I learn things.”

It gets better.

He followed me around the store, explaining to me what the various fireworks did, as I was unfamiliar with the forbidden fruit.  When the last couple left the store, and the door closed behind them, the man lifts up the skirt on a table to reveal some hidden fireworks below.  He tells me that they are illegal fireworks, but that he’ll sell them to me.  I asked him why they were illegal, and he replies that they “blow up in people’s hands”.  Really??  I graciously passed on his offer.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011, 06:05 by Smart People »
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline hp

• Very Lite User
« Reply #119 on: Dec 24, 2007, 11:37 »
HP ...That's what I am. 8)

nukerecruiter

« Reply #120 on: Dec 28, 2007, 03:56 »
Wow- you all have interesting stories behind your usernames. Makes mine seem kinda boring...I'm a recruiter in the nuclear industry- NukeRecruiter. Wah, wah, wah....

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #121 on: Dec 28, 2007, 04:25 »
rumrunner - my favorite frozen rum drink.  Best consumed while on a Caribbean cruise.
Dave

number41

« Reply #122 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:20 »
Mine is a Dave Matthews song.........needless to say I'm a big fan.  I have to admit that I've been toying with the idea of changing it to McLovin!  If you haven't seen Superbad yet, you're missing out.  Those of you that have seen it know why it's funny.

nukerecruiter

« Reply #123 on: Jan 02, 2008, 05:00 »
I have to admit that I've been toying with the idea of changing it to McLovin!  If you haven't seen Superbad yet, you're missing out.  Those of you that have seen it know why it's funny.

Too Funny! If it's not taken yet you should TOTALLY switch to McLovin. Hilarious!
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2008, 05:01 by nukerecruiter »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #124 on: Jan 02, 2008, 06:39 »
And here I thought "number41" was from Ben Hur, when Quintus Arinius says to Judah Ben-Hur (Charlton Heston)

" your eyes are full of hate, number 41....hate is good, it keeps a man alive,and gives him strength"

It should be the plant motto in at least 1 plant in Region IV ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?