Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Have a TLD Theory Question-
honeypot

Author Topic: Have a TLD Theory Question-  (Read 8360 times)

ELTGuy

Have a TLD Theory Question-
« on: Oct 07, 2004, 10:43 »
Hey all again!

I'm an ex-Navy ELT attending SDSU for a BSME degree.  I am preparing a lecture for my Materials Science class and my topic is Thermolumiscent Dosimetry.  The main focus is to be on the actual theory and quantum junk that happens in the TLD structure.  I'm all over the standard T-17, RadCon Manual treatment... CaF2 crystal structure with Mn impurities traps free electrons which are released...yada...yada...

What I'm looking for is an actual book or paper or link to somewhere that discusses the process involved.

Any direction would be helpful

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Have a TLD Theory Question-
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2004, 03:52 »
See if this is enough info.

http://www.nukeworker.com/study/hp/tlds/tlds.shtml

(If not, check the Library (top of this page) and browse the HP/RCT study materials.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

moodusjack

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2004, 10:28 »
Glenn Knoll gives the subject pretty good treatment.

Hoffmonster

« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2005, 04:53 »
Try the source.  Panasonic dosimetry tech manuals.

Weasel

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2005, 10:35 »
This should answer any and all questions about dosimetry that anyone person should have.  I just hope it comes in time for your presentation.

http://www.pnl.gov/eshs/pub/pnl842.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?