Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ontario Power Generation Aptitude Test  

Author Topic: Ontario Power Generation Aptitude Test  (Read 19955 times)

karan92

Ontario Power Generation Aptitude Test
« on: Jul 06, 2011, 04:18 »
Hi guys..newbie here...

I was recently contacted to write an aptitude test for the OPG radiation tech position and stumbled upon this site ..really excited about this position and wanted to do well so i can proceed with the interview...do any of you guys have any input in what I should focus on?...i am aware of the practice test that are available on SHLDirect...but looking for any help from you guys..Any input would be appreciated!!..

p.s..posted on the Canadian forum of nukeworkers and didn't get any response..
Thanks....

Sun Dog

Re: Ontario Power Generation Aptitude Test
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2011, 06:09 »

I was recently contacted to write an aptitude test for the OPG radiation tech position

The lack of response has nothing to do with where you post and everything to do with how you ask for help.  Speaking only for myself here, but it is not clear if you were contacted to create a test or take a test or what help you need.

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2011, 06:19 by Sun Dog »

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2011, 09:51 »
Actually, I have just been puzzled as to what I could possibly offer by way of an answer.

As I understand your query, you are going to be tested for your aptitude.  (In American English, you would say that you are going to "sit for" a test or "take" a test.  "Write" a test implies that you would be composing a test for someone to use in testing others.)

Having been an RP tech for many years in the past, including a few months at OPG, I really don't know what aptitudes could be tested that would help select RP techs.  They didn't give me an aptitude test. 

I guess at least a working knowledge of simple algebra would be needed, as well as the ability to measure, calculate, and convert things like area, volume, mass, density, ... etc.

The ability to use a scientific calculator is pretty handy.

Basic logic exercises are probably a good indicator, as RP Techs tend to use procedures a lot.  So, I would say that you might run some IF/THEN or WHEN type situations.  Most procedures are written that way.

While not absolutely necessary, the ability to read and get information from system diagrams, prints, or engineering drawings is somewhat helpful.

Oh yeah, the ability to communicate a thought by the written word can be valuable too.

Maybe I did have something to add after all, eh?

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2011, 10:48 by Already Gone »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

hatrai07

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2011, 10:36 »
OPG tests using behavioral type questions.  "Tell me about the time you did..., How would you handle this situation..... There will be some math and science but not too deep. My understanding is they want the right kind of people more than the right kind of skills.  They will teach you the skills.

karan92

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2011, 11:07 »
sorry guys for the misunderstanding...just to clarify..I will be taking the aptitude test for the RP position...its a pre-requisite for the interview..I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else wrote the test and if anyone had any feedback...yes i did look at the RJP and did some research on the company..anyways..thanks for your input...

Offline kaukabsyed

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 12:07 »
Hi guys..newbie here...

I was recently contacted to write an aptitude test for the OPG radiation tech position and stumbled upon this site ..really excited about this position and wanted to do well so i can proceed with the interview...do any of you guys have any input in what I should focus on?...i am aware of the practice test that are available on SHLDirect...but looking for any help from you guys..Any input would be appreciated!!..

Thanks....

Offline koool

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2013, 03:40 »
hello people
can anyone tell me that  after taking aptitude test do OPG hire for sure?
please help me with this
i really need ur help

Offline newenguy

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:15 »
Hi Guys,

So I got an email for taking a test for a Nuclear Operator at OPG and was wondering if there are any sample test, tips available online to help me prepare. I lurked on this website, and it seems that in the U.S there is a POSS. I was wondering if the Canadian test is similar?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?