Facility & Company Information > Palo Verde

Palo Verde anyone?

(1/7) > >>

navynukedoc:
Just got off the phone with Bartlett, and I am confirmed for the Palo Verde job. I live about 60 miles from the plant so it will be nice to actually go home every night for my first outage.

Anyone on here coming to the desert as well?

-Doc

Already Gone:
If you live 60 miles from the plant, you probably have the shortest commute.
It won't be long before you figure out that 120 miles a day on the highway, combined with 12 hour shifts and a 30 minute walk to and from your car every day isn't exactly as "nice" as you might be expecting.
For most people, it's actually more restful to go somewhere other than home every night after working those hours.  But at PV, it doesn't make any difference.  It sucks for everybody.
Get into a carpool if you can.

navynukedoc:
Thanks for the tip. I know they have a van pool here but I don't know if it will run at the same time I am on shift. and it is only for 26 days or so, hopefully I can hack it.

If not I have friends in the west valley that will put me up.

tagline:

--- Quote from: navynukedoc on Jul 06, 2011, 05:26 ---Just got off the phone with Bartlett, and I am confirmed for the Palo Verde job. I live about 60 miles from the plant so it will be nice to actually go home every night for my first outage.

Anyone on here coming to the desert as well?

-Doc

--- End quote ---

Most places require you to be 50 miles from plant to get per diem. But I have seen places that are farther. But with you already stating that you will be going home every night you won't need nor should you get per diem. Be careful with what you say. This is the "world wide web"

tolstoy:

--- Quote from: Already Gone on Jul 06, 2011, 10:04 ---...It won't be long before you figure out that 120 miles a day on the highway, combined with 12 hour shifts and a 30 minute walk to and from your car every day isn't exactly as "nice" as you might be expecting.
--- End quote ---

Thus it's called 'work' and not 'play.'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version