Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nine Mile Point workers on strike
honeypot

Author Topic: Nine Mile Point workers on strike  (Read 48064 times)

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: Nine Mile Point workers on strike
« Reply #50 on: Jul 27, 2011, 03:42 »
all of the above is why  they created contractors. someone has to help. 11 years of  of hanford showed me that.

Contract operator? Sign me up.... lol

Im curious how the reintegration process works. Seems like there would be some tension build up. What prevents management from making silly policies to try to weed out the strikers? I guess im too low on the totem pole to understand union dynamics....

Fermi2

« Reply #51 on: Jul 27, 2011, 06:02 »
Congrats.

StarKist probably won't be too bad. You have some that will take it hard on both sides no matter what, most will just go with the flow.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #52 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:56 »
Contract operator? Sign me up.... lol

Im curious how the reintegration process works. Seems like there would be some tension build up. What prevents management from making silly policies to try to weed out the strikers? I guess im too low on the totem pole to understand union dynamics....

As far as weeding out strikers, are you talking about preventing them from coming back into the plant? 

As far as Union dynamics, when a strike is called all Union members are expected to honor the picket line.  When the strike is over everyone comes back to work.  It sounds like they should all be back to work over the course of 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. 

The better thing will be to get back to work and into the normal routine.  The best thing would have been for it to have never happened but it's too late for that.  Here's hoping it was short enough that what passes for normal in the nuclear world is achieved soon.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: Jul 28, 2011, 09:01 »
I observed the lingering after effects of the strike at Oyster Creek.  It wasn't pretty even after several years.  I truly hope the "reintegration" goes a little better at Nine Mile.
LM

Melrose

« Reply #54 on: Jul 30, 2011, 09:36 »
It sounds like they should all be back to work over the course of 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. 

The workers will be back to work within 4 days, by the 1st.
No issues, other than hurt feelings on both sides.
Never noticed an overabundance of love between bargaining and Mgmt in the past, environment inside prob won't experience any noticeable change.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?