Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Af. American Female with Bachelors degree in Physics go enlisted???  

Author Topic: Af. American Female with Bachelors degree in Physics go enlisted???  (Read 20378 times)

Offline Bigchris

• Light User
TLDNR   >:(

Thank you, MacGyver and HydroDave, for the feedback. 

Here is an abridged version.

Right now you're jumping up and down about how great you are because you're a one trick pony...oh yea, and you can trace your heritage back to Africa.

Hello Spekkio,

I have looked at many of your post and they are usually thoughtful and helpful, so I don’t understand this one.

I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but she is not jumping up and down about anything, and you seem more concerned with her heritage than she does.

Shouldn’t we show some more respect to this lady, after all she started an important conversation, and she seems to be politely holding her own. Let’s not be the ones who are responsible for it ending it prematurely.

Bigchris

nrrpt1288

...Your apparent miss  characterization of the OP appears rude...
It's mischaracterization.  Your version refers to an unwed female with the family name Characterization.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
I agree with S3GLMS, get 2 more years in school under your grad cap, and then join the civilian side. And don't ever mention race, sex, religion, or whatever, unless of course,  you want to be remembered as the person who represents race, sex, religion, or whatever.

Remember this, the person who graduated last in their medical class is still called Doctor!

Sell yourself like you see yourself. If you are great, be great. If you are average, then Jordan may have a seat open next to him on an alligator boat in Louisiana.................... .

;)

Welcome to Nukeworker!

-Doc
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline Bigchris

• Light User
It's mischaracterization.  Your version refers to an unwed female with the family name Characterization.

Thank you. I probably would have 'miss spelled' that word forever :).

Bigchris

PS Welcome to Nukeworker.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
I agree with S3GLMS, get 2 more years in school under your grad cap, and then join the civilian side. And don't ever mention race, sex, religion, or whatever, unless of course,  you want to be remembered as the person who represents race, sex, religion, or whatever.

Remember this, the person who graduated last in their medical class is still called Doctor!

Sell yourself like you see yourself. If you are great, be great. If you are average, then Jordan may have a seat open next to him on an alligator boat in Louisiana.................... .

;)

Welcome to Nukeworker!

-Doc

DEM DERE'S FIGHTIN WORDS BOY!!!!

;)

I was like "This is really your first post?" then I looked at it closer and realized how awesome it was :p

Offline Stormon

• Light User
Back on topic... I was in a similar situation but still very different. My Freshman year I was in computer software development. Needless to say it didn't work out. I ended the year with a 1.9gpa. Things happened, I came back and in one year of very hard work in Physics and Math I raised that gap to a 3.17. Every person I met in DC (who had access to my transcripts) asked me about that year (I failed 3 classes... Not typical of a nupoc candidate I know.) I would say to give the SWO or sub officer position a shot. If you get an invite to the interview you are golden. Just think hard and deep on how you will answer the admiral when he  tells you, "this is the worst freshman year I have ever seen." but I always was an optimist. What's the worst that could happen?

You know how good you are. You know what kind of skills you bring to the table. As a physics major I biasly believe that physicists as the best qualified. Let them
 Know how much you could help their Navy.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?