Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Your favorite meter? honeypot

Author Topic: Your favorite meter?  (Read 24955 times)

diliigaf

Re: Your favorite meter?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 02, 2011, 09:45 »
    That question is far too vague... It depends on the job being covered as well as what you are dealing with..
 Pu, U, etc... Ro 2,s and teletectors have little use with Pu, curium tru, etc. 8)

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #26 on: Aug 02, 2011, 01:24 »
   That question is far too vague... It depends on the job being covered as well as what you are dealing with..
 Pu, U, etc... Ro 2,s and teletectors have little use with Pu, curium tru, etc. 8)

Not a vague question. It is a meter. They're not to be specified to RadCon or anything else. Just a meter you like to use. Diversify my friend. We all learn from each other!
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 01:25 by navynukedoc »
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

diliigaf

« Reply #27 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:45 »
  To answer your weak question, I love an ro-2/2a but,,,, it does me no good in an alpha plutonium facility..
  nor would I choose over a tele in say,,, a core barrell, inspection lift... i.e. what is the environment in question,,, diversify that... ::)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #28 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:25 »
  To answer your weak question, I love an ro-2/2a but,,,, it does me no good in an alpha plutonium facility..

If there is a LOT of Pu, it might show up on the RO-2...   [whistle] [whistle]

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #29 on: Aug 02, 2011, 08:01 »
Autoranging Teletector when doing very high doses after a crud burst.  No flipping through scales and looking at the meter to calculate the dose.  The digital read out of an autoranging teletector should be required at all Nuke plants because of ALARA, I think they are alot faster. Also I  think the accuracy is better. Hard to do a miss calculation when you read the digital read out instead of a needle and a times scale. Have  only the primitive ones that you flip scales as  emergency backup.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 11:22 by thenukeman »

Offline RTRT

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:48 »
  nor would I choose over a tele in say,,, a core barrell, inspection lift... i.e. what is the environment in question,,, diversify that... ::)

An Eberline Black Widow CP works on Gamma, Beta and Alpha. Haven't seen one since the 70's though......

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #31 on: Aug 03, 2011, 06:44 »
Position Sensitive Proportional Counter, ( Surface Contamination Monitor)  Nice, takes thousands of readings and converts them into a picture a truly genius machine. Here are some maps I have done with it and the machine.   Pancake  and most other probes are so 1940.   I put together a map that represented  16 acres of floor space. This is 21st century.  A company not to be mentioned did surveys side by side with us.  They only found about 10 percent  of what the machine found.  We eventually had to redo their work.

See picture page right here on Nukeworker. There are about  10 pictures there that show it and the surveys. You can even tell if a person  forged a survey.  I show a YOUR FIRED picture and you can  click it and see why.  I also like the grid map where you can see the areas that exceed 100 cm2  criteria and Meter square criteria. SWEET!!!! For Decon

http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/thumbnails-410.html

This has been bought  out from Shonka Research by Millenium Nuclear who now has it.
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2011, 07:04 by thenukeman »

LaFeet

« Reply #32 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:06 »

Offline BigBri

• Very Lite User
« Reply #33 on: Jun 14, 2012, 03:44 »
AN PDR 27. It is a beautiful shade of Army green, it has a nifty window for beta, and you can expect it to work normally even after a fall to the bottom of a Dry Dock.

I too loved the AN-PDR 27 ...though mine was a nice haze grey.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?