Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Employment History

Author Topic: Employment History  (Read 6049 times)

Chick

Employment History
« on: Jul 17, 2011, 12:32 »
Hi,
How important is it to list each and every job on the background investigation? Do they check social security or cross check with other agencies like IRS or SS admin? I was thinking about skipping some of my jobs since I walked off a few.

thanks

chick

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Employment History
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2011, 05:49 »
Be honest and list all the jobs you have had for the time indicated.  If they ask why you walked off tell the truth.  If you leave a job off your list, it can raise a flag.  If you leave many jobs off the list then you will start to look unreliable.   One thing the investigation is looking for is personal integrity, so tell the truth and do not attempt to hide anything.

Chick

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2011, 05:55 »
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. That's good advice which I will more than likely take. Besides if they cross check with SS admin then they already know where you have worked. Seems to me they would have access to any government records that they want.

Some companies will put you down as ineligible for rehire if you leave without notice no matter what the reason. That's the only thing in my background I am concerned that may keep me from getting the job.

It's not worth the risk of losing an opportunity over.

thanks again..

chick

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 11:57 »
If 'walked off a few' is euphemistic for 'got canned' then you would be withholding information when you are asked if you have ever been asked to leave a position.

Best to cough it all up.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 02:31 »
If 'walked off a few' is euphemistic for 'got canned' then you would be withholding information when you are asked if you have ever been asked to leave a position.

Best to cough it all up.

Thanks for helping... but the post is a year old and the OP has deleted his profile.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?