Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bill Conant honeypot

Author Topic: Bill Conant  (Read 5902 times)

g8rrpt

Bill Conant
« on: Jul 19, 2011, 09:44 »
  For any of you who know Bill from Plant Hatch/Rent-a-Tech Work or Savannah River Site, Bill lost his fight with brain cancer last wednesday July 13th.The details I am not sure of and will only post what I know are facts and acceptable to his family.
  Bill's passing left a huge void around here at SRS especially with the D&D RadCon who worked with him.
  I worked with Bill years ago when he was a House Tech at Hatch and I was a lowely Rent-a-tech junior. I have had the pleasure of working with him here at SRS for most of my time here, he was a great mentor and a nice guy thru everything.
 I will try to be a little more patient and pleasant with folks in the future in honor of him!

See you down the road Brother!
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2011, 07:27 by g8rrpt »

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
Re: Bill Conant
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2011, 02:26 »
I have had the pleasure of knowing Bill since 2003 when we were both working the D&D of 677-T at SRS.  I will surely miss his wit and his friendship.  His wife, Gwen, asks that in lieu of sending flowers that memorial contributions be made to:  Charlie A. Norwood Veteran's Administration Hospital for the Veteran's Volunteer Program of the Critical Care Unit, 1 Freedom Way Augusta, GA 30904.

My prayers go out to Gwen and his children.  Rest in peace brother.

Raddawg

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2011, 07:23 »
I had the pleasure of working with Bill at SRS in D&D @ P-Reactor on shift work. Bill was a very good tech. and a dynamite friend, we used to talk about rock and roll, the various groups we saw when we were younger. Last summer I was having a hard time finding a place to live, Bill help me secure a place to live and also helped me move in. Bill was like a brother to me, he always had a kind word for all of us here, sometimes I would have to talk him out of making a jump just so I could make a jump. My family and I send out our prayers to Bill's family, may GOD bless you all and keep you!!! PBOOTH aka ROADDOG !

g8rrpt

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2011, 07:33 »
Thanks for posting up the charity, I couldn't put my hands on the info at that time.

It's still hard to believe he's not hanging out in P area. :(

So many bad folks out there. it's a shame when one of the good ones takes the hit! Sorry, just sick of seeing really crappy people live to an old age and the good ones get screwed. >:(

Offline nukecheese

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2011, 08:31 »
 :( Worked with Bill at SRS.  Had many good talks with him in the P count room.  Never an unkind word and never a complaint.  His head and neck would be locked to one side and he constently found time to kick back and talk about writing fiction.
He will be missed.

Offline Dee_Davis

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2011, 08:20 »
This is sad news worked with Bill and Fernald. He was a good tech and had no problem helping to do any job that came up.  He will be sadly missed

Offline pbooth

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2011, 08:28 »
It's been a few months since Bill passed, I was glad when the P-area job @ SRS ended, because It was very hard for me to go to work out there knowing that My good friend wouldn't be coming to work anymore. I find myself thinking about Bill everyday, the long talks we used to have about rock and roll and all the great bands we were blessed to see. The Nuclear Industry has lost a great one!!! I have lost a great friend and fellow Rad Tech. He's not suffering anymore and that itself, let's me know we as Rad Techs need to follow Bill's example and be the BEST WE CAN BE, because he always was!!!!!
RIP BROTHER!!!        pbooth  :(

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?