Facility & Company Information > Crystal River

Work/Life at Crystal River

(1/5) > >>

melssen:
I am considering a job at Crystal River.  Can anyone give me opinions of the area and of the plant?  Good places to live?  Schools?  I am a bit worried about status of the plant given the containment crack repairs.

jams723:

--- Quote from: melssen on Jul 20, 2011, 08:44 ---I am considering a job at Crystal River.  Can anyone give me opinions of the area and of the plant?  Good places to live?  Schools?  I am a bit worried about status of the plant given the containment crack repairs.

--- End quote ---

Pm me, I spent sow time there and can give you the lowdown.

Chickenhawk:
Great place with good schools. Crack will be fixed. Got here in April 2011.

dwaink66:
I want to work at Crystal River as a structural Designer. Can anyone help me with names of job shops? Also, I have heard that the delamination project will be awarded to either Bechtel, Areva/URS, or Shaw. Anyone know when it will be awarded?

Chickenhawk:
Good place to live and work. If you are used to big city then this is not the place. There is a great deal of outdoor activities and the people are just plain damn friendly. I'm out in Citrus Springs, so commute is 20 minutes. Some of the operators live as far away as Tampa, Spring Hill. Your pay will put you in the top 12% so keep that in mind. Plant supposed to be back on in 2014. I'm an ANAO working on ANO. Good Luck on the interview.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version