Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Is AO operations?

Author Topic: Is AO operations?  (Read 31227 times)

Hitec757

Re: Is AO operations?
« Reply #50 on: Jul 27, 2011, 06:59 »
"we will be looking for you & your resume in the near future."

That comment really begs the question MacGyver, how small of a person are you to threaten not hiring someone, and I assume you speak for TVA when you said that, because of a forum chat?

Your threat says volumes about your lack of integrity and the company that would allow that.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #51 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:08 »
Holy cow. Guys relax lol. Sounds like im bickering here.

Hitec, im not licensed. Im an nlo that just finished the classroom phase. Its quite easy, and I've yet to study. I have a background in nuclear power. I can't even read the nrc exam, I don't even know what its saying. You're stepping on sensitive toes here. Operators have the" best of the best" mentality. Some will argue they don't, but then again" ops leads the plant"  speaks enough for me. These guys have gone through one of the most arduous academic programs on the planet, some are dumb enough to do it twice. Take a step back and realize these guys CAN GET YOU IN! They are, believe it or not, here to help you out. We had to deal with this type of mentality in the navy, and its soooo annoying hearing paint chippers say" I coulda went nuke, but...". Granted you have an academic background and no one here would think you wouldn't make it.

Id like to point out one of these gents you are arguing with spent his free time to dig up doe fundamentals on his spare time.

On the flipside, you're merely defending your background. Id be willing to bet if I went to an aviator website and said" I got this easy" (you're not saying it, but you're implying it, or at least you come off that way), id get torn apart. We get it, and id be willing to wager most of us respect that. BZ is just a salty dog with little room for any kind of talk until you prove yourself in his eyes. Now, you clearly don't care about his opinion, but id like to have a few license holders on my side in an interview, wouldn't you?

P.s. nukes eat their own. We are also some of the most prideful people you will meet, both good and bad....

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #52 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:21 »
And it is not just TVA thinking..... Laughs.

Anyone else notice how if he thinks he is challenged or slighted in the smallest way he jumps to the attack....

All he has to do is go, become an NLO and proove he is right. It was not a lack of intellegence, rather his quick to be offensive that generated my opinion.

MacGyver

« Reply #53 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:22 »
"Threats" .. Really?  Me thinks we are going to file away a blah'lige'a'rant defiant attitude for the reasons you can not even fathom.  We help tons of folks.  BZ & others more than me.  We select the best attitudes over technical aptitude.  I merely point out what you've taken for granted.  Some of us do the hiring for our companies.  Some of us have been hired by more than one utility.  We know what you do not.  Those candidates that display your attitude are a danger to the plant.  We should know since we've seen them fired.  We get asked by the HR departments to evaluate talent all the time.  What would you like us do?  Lie on your behalf?  Not likely sir.  I don't control your bad attitude.  You do.  So, no threats here.

Hitec757

« Reply #54 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:24 »
You know, most here are very helpful.  Like I have said so many times "I never said nuke was easy nor do I think so and I'm prepared to do the work."  That is not enough for some.  I was asked about my background and some also immediately went to the assumption that if you were not born nuke, your shit.  I've said there is no certainty that I will do well, but that I had a good foundation and have worked my ass off in the pass to accomplish goals and did.  ATC is a cuthroat business also as far as people and personalities and thin-skinned people usually don't do well, there is also a line when someone is an full time ass, berates people for the sport of it and discourages people on purpose, that isn't tolerated either.  Again in case there is any misunderstanding, and I know it wont work for a few, I neither think nuke is easy, a given based on my past or that there is any guarantee that I will make it it period.  What I will do is bust my ass to exceed what is expected of me to learn and do.  Still not enough for some, I know. 

MacGyver

« Reply #55 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:32 »
Hmmm, seems our more recent posts got you into a more reasonable posting mood.  Which I am pleased to see.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #56 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:37 »

Hitec757

« Reply #57 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:41 »
Hmmm, seems our more recent posts got you into a more reasonable posting mood.  Which I am pleased to see.

Not more reasonable, but re-iterating what I have already posted many times.  Have we had enough of the pissing contest where we can get back to business?

MacGyver

« Reply #58 on: Jul 27, 2011, 08:01 »
We have been helping you.  You have been doing the "pissing" (sic) & moaning.  Just because you don't like what we say doesn't give you permission to be on your worst behavor.  I hope you've learned how not to post & do better in the future.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #59 on: Jul 27, 2011, 08:03 »
...  Have we had enough of the pissing contest where we can get back to business?

Hey, that sounds like a great idea!!  It's appreciated that you're offering to take it that way and lead by example.  ;)
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Hitec757

« Reply #60 on: Jul 27, 2011, 08:13 »
We have been helping you.  You have been doing the "pissing" (sic) & moaning.  Just because you don't like what we say doesn't give you permission to be on your worst behavor.  I hope you've learned how not to post & do better in the future.

The vast majority have helped, you not so much. You pride yourself on being an ass.     I will say your ignorance does stand out and set you apart, maybe thats what got you hired at TVA and why I won't be hired there. In a sea of great people here, a extreme few seem to be 99% of the problem, including you.  I made an effort to move on, whatever the percieved issues were.  I'll make the offer again, want to stop and help or do you want to keep the pissing contest going?  I'd like to move on.  Are you big enough to do that?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #61 on: Jul 27, 2011, 08:18 »
This thread is about to go from IFR to DFR.  >:(

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #62 on: Jul 27, 2011, 10:29 »
We'll start with locked.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?