Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Transit RWP's honeypot

Author Topic: Transit RWP's  (Read 6702 times)

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Transit RWP's
« on: Jul 27, 2011, 04:13 »
Have most of you used transit RWP's or is this a regional thing?
I have never worked this far toward the eastern seaboard and this seems to be popular in this area.

What I mean is an RWP that is used solely to traverse from the control point to a specific destination, like the drywell or the refuel floor.
No work gets done on his RWP, it is just used for traveling from Point A to Point B.

Tell me your thoughts and which plant you are referring to.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: Transit RWP's
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2011, 04:16 »
We use them at my plant. Region 4 if that matters

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2011, 04:51 »
I have worked the East Coast most of my career and I have never seen or heard of one.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2011, 06:37 »
Troja,
        I have never heard of them either and I was quite surprised that they used them. Just wanted to check. Thanks.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2011, 07:46 »
It's all about assigning dose to the job.  It cost contractors ($$) when they spend dose now, so they do everything they can to reduce the amount spent on their RWP.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2011, 10:11 »
I knew the reason and I understand it, kinda.
How much dose can you really separate going from the control point to the drywell?
I can understand it all but it seems like a nightmare logistically when you have to enter on the transit RWP, log off the RWP, log on the drywell RWP, log off the drywell RWP, log on the transit RWP, log off the transit RWP and you leave.
Put em' on the drywell RWP and have them check in with the rover in the drywell. DONE.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2011, 10:19 »
I knew the reason and I understand it, kinda.
How much dose can you really separate going from the control point to the drywell?
I can understand it all but it seems like a nightmare logistically when you have to enter on the transit RWP, log off the RWP, log on the drywell RWP, log off the drywell RWP, log on the transit RWP, log off the transit RWP and you leave.
Put em' on the drywell RWP and have them check in with the rover in the drywell. DONE.

What you are describing is the difference between common sense, and a board room fill of pencil necks trying to please another board room of pencil necks..

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2011, 11:51 »
Have most of you used transit RWP's or is this a regional thing?
I have never worked this far toward the eastern seaboard and this seems to be popular in this area.

What I mean is an RWP that is used solely to traverse from the control point to a specific destination, like the drywell or the refuel floor.
No work gets done on his RWP, it is just used for traveling from Point A to Point B.

Tell me your thoughts and which plant you are referring to.

Kinda  :D

I have seen something Kinda like transit RWP's at some duke plants.  They used a work order task when you log onto a RWP and some work order tasks are "for initial set up and transport of materials" for example.  Then when you enter the actual work area you log onto  a different work order task which may contain different dress or other requirements.

It can be an effective tool to help refine dose estimates if you split the job into several elements it makes it easier to critique your dose estimates especially for jobs where estimates have been to high or to low historically.

The other way I have seen this is to enter the RCA on a generic RWP then go do a pre job with RP and then change room, then transit to the work area for example containment and then log onto the actual work RWP.  Again a method to track actual work time in the area of exposure and filter out the other hours spent setting up or briefing which help give a better representation of actual dose per work hour spent at the job site

sf
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2011, 12:00 by spentfuel »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?