Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ref contacts honeypot

Author Topic: Ref contacts  (Read 4946 times)

Offline bushdr3

• Very Lite User
Ref contacts
« on: Jul 28, 2011, 07:02 »
I have been out of the business for years, some of my old personal references have died off...and during my absence at home with old folk croaking & disfunctional family feud's and abundant public libel's and slanders going on...what the heck should I do. I have knowledge of few people now, and prefer that, I have found many will trash you for fun & out of spite. Not to mention ones who know (but really know nothing) I had in the past few years have attempted to lessen contacts & only cultivate healthier ones...but being out of the business you meet few that matter and even fewer I would trust.

Graphic

Re: Ref contacts
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2011, 07:45 »
So I am assuming you are asking what do you do if you don't have references?

If so, then .. well you better start meeting some people! ..

Seriously though if you haven't had access within the past 3 years then you will have to provide 3 references (4 on some company phq's) .. either way all that they use those references you list is to DEVELOP 2 more references that you didn't list. So, lets just say they call all 3 of your references you list and none of them can give anyone else that could be a reference for you.. well then whoever is doing your background will first check your PHQ and see if there is anyone on there who could be a reference that you did not list and who is not related by blood or marriage. If they can't get anyone from that they will contact you and ask you to provide MORE names. So you are still at square one if you give them people who can't provide 2 more names when they call them.

Essentially, you are listing people who they are just going to call and ask for someone ELSE to be a reference for you.

To be a reference the person can't be related to you by blood or marriage. You must have known them for at least 6 months and have had contact in the past 6 months(email,text, in person all count) If not.. then they can't use them.

So at the least you are going to need one person that they can call and that person will need to be able to provide them with 2 names to be able to complete your background. If they only provide one, that is fine as long as someone else gives one too lol. You get my gist.

Anyways, what will happen if you don't get the references? Then you won't get the job.. cause they cant complete your background.

There are a few ways 'around' the procedures because of the way they read.. but there have been a few nice letters from the NRC to the companies about the way they are doing it and they are in the process of writing new procedures for it.

My opinion, your best bet is to try to find some old buddies or friends that can help. Maybe a friend of the significant other or whatever the case may be.

Good luck let me know if you have anymore questions.

Offline bushdr3

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2011, 01:14 »
But to say,
                Some have died, many retired ,some dissapeared-like in that strange world out there never to be heard of again...

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2011, 03:57 »
I guess you have to make some new friends.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Graphic

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2011, 12:09 »
But to say,
                Some have died, many retired ,some dissapeared-like in that strange world out there never to be heard of again...

Well like I said background HAS to have TWO developed references for you. So if you can't help them get that then you won't be able to gain access. There has to be two people out there.

Sorry just the facts of the matter.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?