Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Question conerning juvenile delinquency honeypot

Author Topic: Question conerning juvenile delinquency  (Read 4247 times)

blazinbboy

Question conerning juvenile delinquency
« on: Jul 19, 2011, 05:32 »
Hi everyone,

Well I'll get straight to the point.

When I was 13 years old, I was arrested and charged with larceny in the 6th degree. I had to do 20 hours of community service and my record is either non existent or expunged.

Right now, I'm in a position of potentially joining the Navy and this previous charge is "psyching me out."

Currently, I work at a Nuclear Power Plant as an engineer and filled out the paperwork saying I was never arrested, etc.

Now, will I still have to disclose this to the Navy? I have read that you are supposed too or don't have too, but I've been told consistently that I shouldn't since I was 13 and it was expunged/non existent. I have yet talk to the recruiter because I am not able to get a hold of them.

If I do, will this disqualify me from jobs because the offense is of "moral turpitude?"

Any information regarding this is greatly appreciated!

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Question conerning juvenile delinquency
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2011, 07:05 »
I am pretty sure that something you did when you were 13 doesn't need to be mentioned. If it does, then I am bad.

Now that that is out of the way, if you are in engineering at a nuke plant, why the heck are you going to join the Navy?
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011, 07:06 by TheHiggs »
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

blazinbboy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2011, 08:40 »
I am pretty sure that something you did when you were 13 doesn't need to be mentioned. If it does, then I am bad.

Now that that is out of the way, if you are in engineering at a nuke plant, why the heck are you going to join the Navy?

Well, I am only 19 and it is an internship based from a scholarship that the power plant has with the college I am going to. If they do not hire me before/right after I graduate, the Navy is the backup.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2011, 09:00 »
Well, I am only 19 and it is an internship based from a scholarship that the power plant has with the college I am going to. If they do not hire me before/right after I graduate, the Navy is the backup.

Gotcha! Well good luck!

Don't sweat the teen trouble thing.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2011, 09:01 »

Oh cool. I had a buddy do that with palisades/MSU. I'll ask him, but Im pretty sure there was some provision that you MUST work for the company lol. My fleet is hurting for engineers, so if you work for Entergy, and maintain good grades and keep yourself out of trouble I wouldnt think of any reason you wouldnt be hired haha.

Good on ya for keeping your options open, but you still have at least 2 years right? My buddy had to start his sophmore year. good luck :p

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2011, 10:11 »
To the Moderators who may be prone to delete this post because it has nothing to do with the OP or because it may contain what some consider to be humor, please, leave it be as a fine example...

Bored much?

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011, 11:20 by Starkist »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?