Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu anybody have a rotating shift schedule that they like?  

Author Topic: anybody have a rotating shift schedule that they like?  (Read 62447 times)

Offline STGN

• Light User
Re: anybody have a rotating shift schedule that they like?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 04, 2015, 11:54 »
I'm over 40 and don't mind shift work.  The appeal to me is the time off that is available if you only work the shift as it's laid out (at my site anyway).  The bad part is that there is so much overtime that no one works just their normal schedule.  Unless you're on vacation, you're working overtime.  We routinely run up against Fatigue Rule limits.

Offline Jon92179

• Very Lite User
« Reply #26 on: Feb 28, 2016, 12:27 »
Does anyone have a working 4 crew shift schedule with training?

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Feb 28, 2016, 12:40 »
Huh 4 crews in Nuclear and arent you just getting into it?

Offline minor1175

• Lurker
« Reply #28 on: Mar 16, 2016, 12:43 »
Any one has a scheduler idea for a 24/7 with 6 employees? That's including weekends. None peak hours are from 12AM to 7AM. Thanks

Offline MisplacedHog

• Light User
« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2016, 01:03 »
We work a 5 week rotation:
4-12 hour nights
3 days off
3-12 hour days
1 day off
4-10 hour days (training week)
3 days off
3-12 hour nights
3 days off
4-12 hour days
7 days off and it starts all over again.
I am not fond of rotating to nights but I really like my shift schedule. I love having every 5th week off!
Man, that sounds awesome.

rlbinc

« Reply #30 on: Apr 12, 2016, 09:29 »
I work 4 - 10s.
Too old for shift work. Did that from the 70s to the 90s.

Offline MisplacedHog

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 10:20 »
Can someone explain the four day relief week to me?  I interviewed for a position this week and there was a 4 day relief week on the tail end of the normal shift sets.  I don't work a relief week at the plant I'm at now.  What exactly does the relief week accomplish/what is it's purpose?

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 11:40 »
The relief crew works an eight hour day. Normally they work out of the WCC. The duty crew takes care of their unit but the relief does all the work scheduled in the plant for the day, SP's etc.

Offline JROB

• Light User
« Reply #33 on: Sep 14, 2016, 08:46 »
At my plant we work 4-12s for 6 weeks on days followed by 4 weeks on nights. The training happens at the beginning and end of day shift cycle. It's still a 5 week cycle with the 7 day off periods, except no constant switching back and forth.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #34 on: Sep 15, 2016, 05:36 »
JROBs post on shift schedule sounds great!!  I had heard about it through the grapevine.  That is the way a rotating shift should be.  The constant switching back and forth killed me on the other rotating schedule.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #35 on: Sep 16, 2016, 03:06 »
At my plant we work 4-12s for 6 weeks on days followed by 4 weeks on nights. The training happens at the beginning and end of day shift cycle. It's still a 5 week cycle with the 7 day off periods, except no constant switching back and forth.

Can you please clarify this? 6 weeks of days then 4 weeks of nights, but you still have 7 day off periods......and its still a 5 week cycle?
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
« Reply #36 on: Sep 17, 2016, 08:18 »
So if you just combine two five-week rotations but have all the Day on-shift weeks in the first half and all the Night on-shift weeks in the second half (like Training-Days-Days-Days-Days-Training-Nights-Nights-Nights-Nights), you effectively get six weeks of 'days' - as Training is a day-schedule week - followed by four weeks on nights.

This only works if you work one of the schedules where the Day and Night periods are the same number of days, and arranged roughly the same way, so you can more easily swap them around. If you work a hybrid schedule it's different.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2016, 08:21 by Red Gold »

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Sep 19, 2016, 12:38 »
So if you just combine two five-week rotations but have all the Day on-shift weeks in the first half and all the Night on-shift weeks in the second half (like Training-Days-Days-Days-Days-Training-Nights-Nights-Nights-Nights), you effectively get six weeks of 'days' - as Training is a day-schedule week - followed by four weeks on nights.

This only works if you work one of the schedules where the Day and Night periods are the same number of days, and arranged roughly the same way, so you can more easily swap them around. If you work a hybrid schedule it's different.

Are you on online avg or MDO at your site?  We run MDOs here, and typically your cycle value is going to have to match up with your rotation pattern.  Say you have a 10 week rotation, a 35 day cycle is going to get you optimal use of your time, whereas a 12 week rotation is going to allow full use of the 42 days permissible under online rules. 

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #38 on: Sep 19, 2016, 01:38 »
Are you on online avg or MDO at your site?......

based on personal experience at the commercial site where this user runs the numbers,...

JessJen ->26.205 SME

I'm just saying,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?