Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu UA Clearance as a contractor

Author Topic: UA Clearance as a contractor  (Read 4945 times)

edison914

UA Clearance as a contractor
« on: Aug 12, 2011, 11:30 »
I have a question regarding getting UA clearance to one of the commercial nuke site as a contractor field engineer. I don't have any criminal charges, felony, dismi., DUI or drug related problem.

However, about 3 years ago, I was fined by the U.S custom and Border for $300 as a civil penalty because I failed to declare agriculture seeds when entered the country from an international flight.

I don't have the copy of record of this penalty because it was not a criminal record. And the requesting record process from U.S custom can take up months before I can get anything.

Do anyone think I would have problem getting UA access to the site? Can I write up a letter stating that I can't locate copy of my record instead of attaching a copy of the civil penalty?

Thanks for all your help =)

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: UA Clearance as a contractor
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2011, 12:15 »
Considering that you weren't arrested, the seeds must not have been for anything in the category of illegal drugs.
Just list the occurrence on the PHQ.  A civil penalty for a non-criminal offense would not be grounds for denial.  Failing to disclose it, on the other hand, might be.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

edison914

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2011, 12:23 »
Considering that you weren't arrested, the seeds must not have been for anything in the category of illegal drugs.
Just list the occurrence on the PHQ.  A civil penalty for a non-criminal offense would not be grounds for denial.  Failing to disclose it, on the other hand, might be.

Thanks for the advise. In the PHQ, it also asks for my supply documentations on legal action/criminal record. I don't have the record of this civil penalty. The CBP said that it can takes up to 8 months for them to release a copy of the penalty record only if they decide to. Do you think it would be a problem if I can't supply a copy of this penalty?

Graphic

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2011, 10:23 »
Thanks for the advise. In the PHQ, it also asks for my supply documentations on legal action/criminal record. I don't have the record of this civil penalty. The CBP said that it can takes up to 8 months for them to release a copy of the penalty record only if they decide to. Do you think it would be a problem if I can't supply a copy of this penalty?

Already Gone pretty much covered what you really need to do and that is list it. It's one of those kind of deals that access doesn't come across on a daily basis so to be on the "safe" side you need to list it. You don't have to worry about having record of it. There will be an explanation area...in that area give a good summary of what happened that way they can get a gist of what the whole situation was. If you don't explain it well enough then they will probably ask more questions. If it is pretty self explanatory description then you won't have any problems really.

It's nothing drug/alcohol related and that is their biggest concern. There are other concerns as well but this isn't anything that should hinder you from being able to gain UAA.

Good Luck feel free to ask anymore questions.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011, 10:24 by Graphic »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?