Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Being an ELT

Author Topic: Being an ELT  (Read 41638 times)

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: Being an ELT
« Reply #25 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:27 »
Bad Gouge.....

Today, we take ELTs from all GPAs.  There is a spread to ensure that not all the "smart" mechanics become ELTs.  No GPA waivers required. 

So, in some cases, a high GPA might hurt your chances.

(Note:  I am in no way suggesting not giving maximum effort)

Cheers,
GC

I stand corrected. I love learning new things.

MacGyver

« Reply #26 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:40 »
Mixed GPA classes of ELT's has been in use for a long time now(circa, end of the 1980's).  BUT it sure is fun giving them (re: ELT's) the needle.  Of course they (i.e. ELT's) brought it on themselves.  ;)  Just like the rest of us; we (e.g. all) rate bash the other nuclear rates / collaterial duties.  Long live rate bashing ... :P ;) :P ;)

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #27 on: Aug 16, 2011, 11:48 »
Well when they came to me to ask if I wanted ELT (I originally checked NO to SPU and ELT on the paper), they said; "We need one more top half top half (PS/Ptype), interested?" Just sayin. :P They guaranteed me subs (whether lie or not) so I took it. ;D Point is, I'm awesome and I was an ELT so being an ELT must be awesome..., same with SRO. I know, the logic escapes you. :P :-> [agree] [OT] [dowave] [banned]

^^^emotabuse.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Fermi2

« Reply #28 on: Aug 17, 2011, 02:26 »
Someone finally figured that one out eh?!?!?!?!?

Broadzilla, The Higgs, Marlin, withroaj, Smooth Operator, Already Gone, hamsamich, yours truly and dozens others on these boards have known that for 30+ years,...

'bout dam time big Navy figured that one out,...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL [dowave] ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL [dowave] [Flamer]

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #29 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:06 »
met an old HP named Elmo.  was about 75 or something working at north anna back in 07.  he said he wrote some of the original sampling procedures and took some of the first primary samples at the INEL prototype in the early fifties.  all of this is fuzzy so don't quote me.  kinda cool, I felt like he was telling the truth.  seems like he was the first ELT (or one of the first), but he was a civilian!  strange.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #30 on: Aug 17, 2011, 08:18 »
met an old HP named Elmo.  was about 75 or something working at north anna back in 07.  he said he wrote some of the original sampling procedures and took some of the first primary samples at the INEL prototype in the early fifties.  all of this is fuzzy so don't quote me.  kinda cool, I felt like he was telling the truth.  seems like he was the first ELT (or one of the first), but he was a civilian!  strange.

Our classroom instructors for ELT were all civilian Early (70s). I do remember them writing some of the procedures chemistry and RadCon. One of them had even responded to the SL-1 accident he had some good stories.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2011, 08:47 by Marlin »

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Aug 17, 2011, 10:45 »

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you would be a damn elt wouldnt you... :p ';)

Its ok, I still love you.

Fermi2

« Reply #32 on: Aug 18, 2011, 11:41 »
Not just an ELT. THE ELT.

Offline CT-Mike

• Light User
« Reply #33 on: Aug 18, 2011, 04:17 »
ELT - Engineerings Laziest Technician. OP - How hard do you want to work?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #34 on: Aug 18, 2011, 05:17 »
Its ok, I still love you.

That's ok...sub sailors are used to hearing that a *lot* on patrol!  :P

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Aug 18, 2011, 05:33 »
That's ok...sub sailors are used to hearing that a *lot* on patrol!  :P

Well you know what sailors say about squids, 150 guys go down, 75 couples come back up!  ROFL  [OT]
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #36 on: Aug 18, 2011, 06:37 »
Well you know what sailors say about squids, 150 guys go down, 75 couples come back up!  ROFL  [OT]

Well, they couldnt fit sheep in the berthing, so they gotta do something..

Not just an ELT. THE ELT.

expected nothing less from you mikey... :p

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #37 on: Aug 18, 2011, 06:41 »
Well you know what squids say about sailors.... wait you don't.  It's okay to kid about the couples thing because even God can't see what happens below 400 feet.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #38 on: Aug 18, 2011, 07:11 »
Well you know what squids say about sailors.... wait you don't.  It's okay to kid about the couples thing because even God can't see what happens below 400 feet.

Probably similar things that the bored surface-elite do 3/4 the way through a deployment...

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #39 on: Aug 18, 2011, 07:23 »
even God can't see what happens below 400 feet.

I don't know about all that, but if I struck a nerve about being on a sub, you are a bit more sensitive than most sailors.

(Note the ROFL after the phrase.) If you can't take a joke, don't send one back.

Probably similar things that the bored surface-elite do 3/4 the way through a deployment...

What? Play xbox on duty?? ;)
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #40 on: Aug 18, 2011, 10:23 »
oh gawd these threads degenerate to this in twenty posts or less every time,...

every dam time,... [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #41 on: Aug 19, 2011, 07:27 »
That is because those who were not ELTs can't help but to show their jealousy and anger for not being selected to be part of the superior cadre of US Navy Nukes.  8)
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

MacGyver

« Reply #42 on: Aug 19, 2011, 07:32 »
That is because those who were not ELTs can't help but to show their jealousy and anger for not being selected to be part of the superior cadre of US Navy Nukes.  8)

"son your ego is writing checks your body can't cash"

:P
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2011, 07:33 by MacGyver »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #43 on: Aug 19, 2011, 08:49 »

For ELTs, shouldn't that be "Top Sponge" ?  8)

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #44 on: Aug 19, 2011, 10:47 »
Man is this turning out to be a classic. At the current C.00E+2 acceleration rate, it may turn out to be the best yet. Look what we have so far - ELT's are girlie MMs, they started as penis machinists (corpsmen),they frustrate real MMs who have to train them,some of the prehistoric models were trained by a member of the SL1 initial entry team, the L is for lazy vs. laboratory, and what not. Currently we have the surface vs. sub diatribe in the zygote stage. By far-nothing stimulates the synapse of both current and ex nuc swabbies as the three lettered demonic acronym... You know what it is. May those timeless tomes 0152 & 0153 continue to serve with honor.  MM2/ELT USS Nimitz CVN 68  80-84  BOHICA.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Aug 19, 2011, 12:12 »
Man is this turning out to be a classic. At the current C.00E+2 acceleration rate, it may turn out to be the best yet. Look what we have so far - ELT's are girlie MMs, they started as penis machinists (corpsmen),they frustrate real MMs who have to train them,some of the prehistoric models were trained by a member of the SL1 initial entry team, the L is for lazy vs. laboratory, and what not. Currently we have the surface vs. sub diatribe in the zygote stage. By far-nothing stimulates the synapse of both current and ex nuc swabbies as the three lettered demonic acronym... You know what it is. May those timeless tomes 0152 & 0153 continue to serve with honor.  MM2/ELT USS Nimitz CVN 68  80-84  BOHICA.

Love it! +K +K

OK, I will stay on topic, sorry G man.  [quit]

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #46 on: Aug 19, 2011, 12:23 »

Strange... I remember ELT's having to ask my permission to go take samples.... :p I also remember bagging up spills and having the ELT's come down to do my bidding for cleanup.

ELT's... glorified janitors
MM's... glorified plumbers
EM's.... glor... nvm
ET's..... Melt outside of air condition for more then 10 minutes.

Macgyver -> best movie ever! :)

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #47 on: Aug 19, 2011, 12:28 »
Your jealousy is ugly. :P

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #48 on: Aug 19, 2011, 02:54 »
Strange... I remember ELT's having to ask my permission to go take samples....

That's called "professional courtesy", much like when the CNA knocks on the door of your nursing home room, and asks if it is ok to change your DependsTM   :P

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #49 on: Aug 19, 2011, 03:29 »
That's called "professional courtesy", much like when the CNA knocks on the door of your nursing home room, and asks if it is ok to change your DependsTM   :P

hahaha

Your jealousy is ugly. :P

Lol, Id agree with you, but the ELT's from my ship had a crap deal, I knew they had it rougher then I did.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?