Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Specific Bases for the NUPOC program..?  

Author Topic: Specific Bases for the NUPOC program..?  (Read 6576 times)

SirKrinkles

Specific Bases for the NUPOC program..?
« on: Aug 15, 2011, 11:55 »
Hey everyone,
    So I recently got into the NUPOC program last April, and I'll be going to OCS around September 2012, after I finish school. I got accepted as going Surface, so I'll be going on my first sea tour right after OCS. My question is this: What are the possible bases that I could be going to? Are there certain bases in particular for Nuclear Navy? The reason I ask is because my fiancée and I would like to be as close together as possible. We're both aware that I will be gone on sea tours for months at a time, but I would just like a general idea so she may be able to find a job near my base.
    Also, I heard someone that I can certain people in the Navy can work to find a job for my fiancée around the area I will be working, is this true? I'm sure I'm not the only person in the Navy with a wife/fiancée... We're just trying to prepare for the future the best we can. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. If your response is going to be that you'd recommend I don't go into this program with a fiancée/wife, do me a favor and keep it to yourself.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Specific Bases for the NUPOC program..?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2011, 12:37 »

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2011, 09:32 »
You're a surface nuke so it shouldn't be hard to figure out where the carriers are homeported - there are only 11 of them.  As a SWO(N), however, you'll be attached to a carrier for only 1/2 of your sea tours (unless you decide to do your topside tours on a carrier as well).  When attached to a non-nuke ship, well....the link HydroDave posted is a good place to look.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:23 »
P.S. If your response is going to be that you'd recommend I don't go into this program with a fiancée/wife, do me a favor and keep it to yourself.

P.S. If you have a problem receiving input from peers/subordinates/superiors in rank that takes you outside your comfort bubble, you are headed for a lot  of unhappy years in the wrong line of work.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2011, 06:30 »

I recommend you don't go into this program with a fiancee/wife.  It would be difficult at best. [oops] :-> ROFL ROFL
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011, 06:35 by Marlin »
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:25 »

Yes, it's call Fleet and Family Support (Service?) Center (FFSC), there's usually one near any base/installation.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2011, 02:33 »
Good advice.  But, are you talking about a fiancee or a wife or is it a fiancee and a wife.  In either case I agree that could make things more difficult for the young boy.
I thought he meant he had both. I have a fiancee and couldn't imagine having a wife too. Can you imagine the difficulty of keeping them BOTH happy, along with trying to get both a job on base??!     :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2011, 02:34 by retread »
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?