Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu PWR Auxiliary Operator vs BWR Auxiliary Operator

Author Topic: PWR Auxiliary Operator vs BWR Auxiliary Operator  (Read 12544 times)

scrub

PWR Auxiliary Operator vs BWR Auxiliary Operator
« on: Jul 15, 2005, 11:07 »
Does the type of reactor make a difference with where one would choose to work?  I need to choose pretty quick.

What other factors would you say help in making a decision?
-Starting pay...

Thanks for any and all help provided.

halflifer

Re: PWR Auxiliary Operator vs BWR Auxiliary Operator
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2005, 10:41 »
i've done HP work at B's and P's.......I like B's better because everything is 'dirty'.....no surprises.
I was an operator at a B....it was good.
For advice, I'd say select a job the same way you would select property.....location, location, location.
As far as I can tell, everybody pays well enough and has good benes, so pick the place you most want to live.
now can ya feel the love?

scrub

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2005, 01:49 »
 ;) :P

I feel some love now.  Thanks!

Both opportunities are great.  One does offer a nice location too.

Check your PM box also.

Thank you
Rick

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2005, 03:41 »
I think I told you what I thought via email.

One thing I considered when I changed jobs was location. I really wanted to live in the Southeast but not in Florida or the Deep South. (Mostly I wanted a good central location). I ended up getting far better than I had even hoped for. To me location was a lot, then cost of living and taxes next.

Mike

shayne

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2005, 10:59 »
I've only worked at a commercial BWR, but I imagine the work is just about the same at either plant as an Non Licensed Operator.

scrub

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2005, 02:12 »
Thanks for the help. 

I went with the BWR.  Started Aug 22.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2005, 02:12 by scrub »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?