Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Where to Live in Charleston?

Author Topic: Where to Live in Charleston?  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Jarboe85

• Lurker
Where to Live in Charleston?
« on: Aug 28, 2011, 09:28 »
I graduated OCS recently and am doing OHARP duty until I report to nuke school in Charleston. I'm looking for a place to live, and need some advice from people who have lived there. Taking some advice from a LT at OCS I want to live downtown. Has anyone lived downtown? Where should I look?

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
Re: Where to Live in Charleston?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2011, 10:15 »
High tide and a full moon results in flooding downtown, making some roads impassable.  If you decide to live down there, make sure you check with the locals to find out if the area you're looking at floods or not and how to get around it if it's between you and I-26.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

MacGyver

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2011, 01:56 »
To be clear my info is dated.  But, I avoided downtown while I was a student.  I lived much closer in Goose Creek (aka Goose Crack ... you've got to smell it to understand).

Downtown will require much more driving.  And, you can always get to downtown easily from Goose Creek for those times when necessary ...  ;)

You need to walk the downtown area if you want to live there to avoid the wrong areas.  A good area to bad area can be as simple as crossing the street.

Again, my info is extremely old.  Like when they opened the place.

Mac
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2011, 01:57 by MacGyver »

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2011, 03:20 »
I lived near Summerville when I was down there. It was about 20 minutes to work, and the area was pretty nice, and Dorchester County has a good school district, if you have kids.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?