Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Senior Reactor Operator (Developmental) ? ? ?  

Author Topic: Senior Reactor Operator (Developmental) ? ? ?  (Read 9165 times)

mannjw

Senior Reactor Operator (Developmental) ? ? ?
« on: Sep 13, 2011, 09:46 »
TVA has recently posted an opening for Senior Reactor Operator (Developmental). In the job requirements it states

-B.S. Degree in engineering, engineering technology or one of the physical sciences with greater than three years responsible nuclear plant experience;
OR currently hold a Reactor Operator license with one or more years of experience;
OR Two years or more in a position equivalent to Reactor Operator in the military including: Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor, Propulsion Plant Watch Officer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, and Engineering Officer of the Watch. DD-214 and Page 4 dates are required to validate this.

Now I know for direct SRO Navy Nukes need 2 years standing EWS to qualify. But is this job posting with (Developmental) and the OR statements something different? Just not sure if I'm reading this right.

a little additional info I never qualified EWS but will have the TESC degree in a couple of months, reason for asking.

Fermi2

Re: Senior Reactor Operator (Developmental) ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2011, 01:39 »
You need to meet the requirements prior to being considered.

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2011, 06:28 »
SRO(Dev) is just a name for an instant SRO in training. Like Mike said, you need to meet the requirements up front.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 06:30 by War Eagle »

deaddog

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2011, 05:54 »
If you get a chance to go to their assessment testing, be prepared. I loved the area but never heard back from them. Good Luck.

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2011, 06:40 »

-B.S. Degree in engineering, engineering technology or one of the physical sciences with greater than three years responsible nuclear plant experience;

Just to be clear, 3 years responsible nuclear plant experience means on a commercial unit, not a Navy reactor. For example, a person who has a technical degree and has been a systems engineer at a plant for 3 years can go into an instant SRO class.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2011, 10:57 »
Basically they are saying you're aren't eligible for direct SRO.

If you have any questions, the document that determines eligibility is sticked at the top of the nuclear operator forum.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

mannjw

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2011, 08:50 »
Thanks for the info, guess I just got a little ahead of myself.
Really hoping to get hired on with TVA just haven't seen must posted on their website that I would be qualified for.

Offline AP1000Ops

• Very Lite User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2013, 12:06 »
The TVA interview and testing process was....interesting.   I thought it was definitely different from other places I have interviewed at.  Their psych evaluation portion was shall we say...strange.

Good luck.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?