Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Duke Operator Jobs 2012 - Oconee, Catawba, McGuire

Author Topic: Duke Operator Jobs 2012 - Oconee, Catawba, McGuire  (Read 42013 times)

Offline ToadSuck

• Moderate User
Re: Duke Operator Jobs 2012 - Oconee, Catawba, McGuire
« Reply #50 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:24 »
Anybody else in?? When is you start date?

mannjw

« Reply #51 on: Dec 02, 2011, 06:36 »
Thanks y'all. Toad I start April 30 but I'm coming in a little late. I believe the actual class starts April 9. krmorri I'm sure we'll see you there.

Offline GatorNuke007

• Light User
« Reply #52 on: Dec 08, 2011, 12:03 »
This may help the new guys coming to Oconee.

I just got out of the Navy in July 2011 and bypassed BOT. At Oconee that means you go to work and they give you a bunch of notes that you study and you take a couple practice exams and then when the BOT class that is going on at McGuire takes the final you do. Difficulty wise the final was alot easier than the practice exams. The hours during bypass are awesome.

I completed the Primary and Electrical portions of ISS and then went to shift for an outage and now I am back in class for the Secondary portion. I actually had fun during the outage and that is mostly due to the people I worked with and the money wasn't bad either.

ISS is basic and easy for the majority of the people in my class. You take an exam every week and you can fail a total of 2 out of about 12. Only one person has failed an exam in my class of 22 out of 9 exams.

The plant is installing new fuel that allows us to go about 2 years before refueling. That means we will do an outage in the spring, fall, spring then skip fall and do another one is spring.

The 3 unit thing is kinda confusing but once you walk around a bit it is not that bad.

Someone stated this before but the medical plans kinda suck. This is a complaint from pretty much everyone.  For me and 3 dependents it is about 400 a month(non smoker)

GFES was being done twice a year but now it is being done only once a year. The average time I have heard from talking to people in licence class and the instructors is about 3-5 years before you will get your chance at going to GFES.  They normally send 10-15 and pick anywhere from 8-12 people for class.

If anyone has any questions about the area or anything else just send me a message and I will try to help you out.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2012, 01:48 by GatorNuke007 »

Offline krmorri

• Very Lite User
« Reply #53 on: Mar 08, 2012, 09:54 »
Has any one heard anything about Catawba positions.  Filled or Not?  BOT starts April 9th, and still no yes or no.  Was told no news is good news but its getting close now.  Interview went great, about 2 hours, just thought I would have heard something by now.  HR said email is bad news phone call would be offer.  Anticipation is killing me!!

Offline Ghost_007

• Light User
« Reply #54 on: Apr 02, 2012, 06:51 »
I'll be reporting to Kings Mountain on April 9th for BOT, who else here is going to be there?  Looking forward to meeting you all...

Offline EM1Badger

• Very Lite User
« Reply #55 on: Apr 07, 2012, 03:38 »
Anyone know when the next round on NLO hirings is going to be?

Fermi2

« Reply #56 on: Apr 07, 2012, 06:21 »
Anyone know when the next round on NLO hirings is going to be?

How many times are you going to ask this?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?