Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SPU honeypot

Author Topic: SPU  (Read 13657 times)

Offline Marc622

• Light User
SPU
« on: Oct 06, 2011, 12:24 »
The time has finally come for my SPU interview. I remember the very first time  posted on these forums ~2 years ago. I have to ask what do you guys think about being a SPU. I already know its alot of work and I'll be the nub of the division but I also think its a great opportunity.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: SPU
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2011, 03:42 »
this has been beaten to death a few  times boss. Just do a search for SPU or staff pick up

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,8331.0.html

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2011, 08:15 »
The time has finally come for my SPU interview. I remember the very first time  posted on these forums ~2 years ago. I have to ask what do you guys think about being a SPU. I already know its alot of work and I'll be the nub of the division but I also think its a great opportunity.
Aside from lots of previous forum discussions on this topic, I think SPU is one of the best deals in the Nuclear Navy.  You will have done something that very few people get a chance to do.  It can jump-start your career if you do a good job.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2011, 09:00 »
Relax, walkdown the procedures, spend some extra time after work learning the plant and pitch in, help out on everything you can and find stuff to do, and you'll be fine!

Offline CT-Mike

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:11 »
Just make sure that you don't say "I just got married and would like to get settled before going to sea."

I graduated #1 in my prototype class and was not selected to be a SPU because of that comment.

Oh well, live and learn.

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:31 »
I got picked up -> currently in Staff quals

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:56 »
Congrats!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:58 »
I got picked up -> currently in Staff quals

So,.......

How you liking this fine Saratoga County winter fun?!?!?!?!?

heheheheheheh,.... :P ;) :)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marc622

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:00 »
Its not too bad. I'm from NYC so its about 10 degrees colder here. Overall I love the area.

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2012, 09:44 »
Congrats! Saratoga is great; I just wish I could talk my wife into going back.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2012, 10:27 »
Its not too bad. I'm from NYC so its about 10 degrees colder here. Overall I love the area.

It has been so mild this year I spent 4.8% less for heating costs so far this winter (over the last ten year average),...

Global warming is my newest friend,.... :P :P :P
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2012, 08:08 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2012, 12:11 »
I have to use a bat to make sure I don't get SPU.  

If CTMike was in now he'd get it. CO wants 30/70 spu/SR now, guess if your not a s&&&bag and a dumba$$ you get picked up.
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 12:54 by Nuclear NASCAR »
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2012, 01:53 »

If CTMike was in now he'd get it. CO wants 30/70 spu/SR now, guess if your not a s&&&bag and a dumba$$ you get picked up.

They were doing that when I was going through a few years ago. Almost every ELT was snagged as a SPU. Out of the class of 12, IIRC, 7 or 8 were picked up staff.  Seems they pick up a whole bunch, forget about it, then go "OH SH@#!!! We're out of spu's!" and "Catch up" lol.  Im just talkin out my butt of course, just what I noticed :p.

drayer54

« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2012, 05:42 »

Old salts to sea and backorder of SPU's  [dunce] [dunce] [dunce]...... I feel bad for the guys that have to actually stand the watch. Ships full of leadership aka Berthing Petty Officers and some poor nubs.

Ahwell, still floats the same.

« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 05:43 by Drayer »

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2012, 05:49 »
Old salts to sea and backorder of SPU's  [dunce] [dunce] [dunce]...... I feel bad for the guys that have to actually stand the watch. Ships full of leadership aka Berthing Petty Officers and some poor nubs.

Aint a damn thing wrong with berthing petty officers ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2012, 07:48 »
Ships full of leadership aka Berthing Petty Officers and some poor nubs.

Cleanliness is next to combat readiness... :->

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:37 »
Cleanliness is next to combat readiness... :->

You be on the MTT squad? lol

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?