tdc2009

none
« on: Oct 11, 2011, 08:31 »
none
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011, 10:51 by tdc2009 »

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: Are nukes getting kicked out via PTS?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2011, 08:48 »
Hello, I have a few questions. First off, are nukes getting PTS'd out? It seems like every non-nuke I talk to, they are all getting kicked out b/c of PTS. I have yet to meet a nuke that is getting booted out, but that's b/c most nukes I know aren't reenlisting. My situation is complicated, and it's totally my own fault. I have been in since March 2006, currently serving out my 2nd LIMDU for recurrent miscarriages. I've had 3 total in 4 years. I was on the Ike twice for a total of about 18 months, have yet to get my ESWS pin and was never senior in rate. I am totally freaking out about PTS b/c I REALLY want and need to stay in the navy as a nuke. I am just trying to get my health back and figure out why I keep miscarrying. Are my chances of getting kicked out when I go to reenlist in 2013 high? Please let me know your honest thoughts. I appreciate your help!

Nukes are not getting PTS'd.

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2011, 08:59 »
Hello, I have a few questions. First off, are nukes getting PTS'd out? It seems like every non-nuke I talk to, they are all getting kicked out b/c of PTS. I have yet to meet a nuke that is getting booted out, but that's b/c most nukes I know aren't reenlisting. My situation is complicated, and it's totally my own fault. I have been in since March 2006, currently serving out my 2nd LIMDU for recurrent miscarriages. I've had 3 total in 4 years. I was on the Ike twice for a total of about 18 months, have yet to get my ESWS pin and was never senior in rate. I am totally freaking out about PTS b/c I REALLY want and need to stay in the navy as a nuke. I am just trying to get my health back and figure out why I keep miscarrying. Are my chances of getting kicked out when I go to reenlist in 2013 high? Please let me know your honest thoughts. I appreciate your help!

Unless they've changed things at the end of your 3rd Limdu you're out.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2011, 10:26 »
Unless they've changed things at the end of your 3rd Limdu you're out.

Things are the same. You can finish your 3rd limdu and not get out, but if you arent better or dont have some finagling officers, you then go to a medical review board. They make your decision.

Ike, same time frame as me and drayer here. Send me a pm, I can tell you who you need to talk to if you're still on the ship.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2011, 05:07 »
To expand on what GC said: you will go through PTS, but you're in one of the most undermanned fields, so you won't have (the option) to choose another rate or get out. I don't know about the LimDu thing, but I believe Starkist is right about that part.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:17 »
Ok, I hope that that's true. I really want to stay in and finally be able to prove myself.  MAybe having another baby isn't the best thing right now, obvioulsy lol. I will remain stressed out until I hear back from the PTS people late next year:(
>:(
Having babies is what you do when you are on shore duty...not sea duty.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:41 »
>:(
Having babies is what you do when you are on shore duty...not sea duty.

This is a whole nother topic boss....

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:33 »
Gamecock,

While I appreciate your comment, you OBVIOUSLY haven't paid attention to my situation.  I don't need advice on whether or not to have babies on sea duty, my doctors have told me that if I ever want to have more children I need to have them now.  So please keep comments like that to yourself.  My situation is complicated, and I am not asking for your personal opinion about when I choose to have kids.  I just need a straight forward answer about the likelihood of me being able to stay in the navy.  If you don't have an answer to that question, then please keep your smart ass comments to yourself.  Thanks.

Attitude is everything.

If you are going to come here for information, be prepared to get some advice along with it... it is just part of the price of admission. If you choose to dis the one true expert that we have on the subject of what the Navy is really like (not someone's biased-by-personal-experience opinion) then you have lost your chance to gain any relevant information.

The bottom line is that life is full of options and therefore full of personal choices. I have never been in the Navy and I am not qualified to give Navy advice. I have, however, spend a good deal more time in the real world than a lot of people (yourself included) and I am qualified to tell you that you have a serious choice to make. I appreciate the sacrifices you have already made to serve your (and my) country, and I thank you for that. You now may have to decide whether or not it is in not just your best interest but that of the Navy as well for you to continue that service. Your needs are in direct conflict with those of the Navy. You have made a pledge to put the Navy's interests before your own. It is your option and your responsibility to reevaluate that decision given your current situation. Nobody here can tell you what is best for you, but there are some people here on this site that can tell you what is best for the Navy... and Gamecock is one of them.

When your needs conflict with the Navy you are required to choose between them. Get all of the information you can and make a good choice. Accept the opinions of those that have more information than you do. Try to look at the situation from outside of your personal defensive system and lower your shields a bit to let the intelligent information in. You may have to choose between a family and the Navy -- that is just a fact of life. Make the choice that is best for you and that you can live with for the rest of your life.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:11 »

The below quotes are in direct contradiction to one another.

I really want to stay in and finally be able to prove myself. 

I don't need advice on whether or not to have babies on sea duty, my doctors have told me that if I ever want to have more children I need to have them now. 

It seems as if your wanting to stay navy is less about wanting to qualify and support the ship and more about wanting to continue to collect a paycheck while the medical community continues to try to figure out what is wrong with you.  That attitude is unfair to your shipments who would take the time to train you and get you qualified, only to have you ushered off the ship after getting pregnant...subsequently leaving a hole on the watchbill. 

Nothing smarta$$ about this or my previous comment.

Cheers,
GC

Fermi2

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:29 »
Like I said, all I wanted was an answer as to whether or not nukes are getting kicked out b/c of PTS.  I don't need all the extra bs or opinions from people.  If they don't have an answer, they need not respond to my post.  I am quite offended by what he said, it is very hurtful.  I know I have made some mistakes in my career, but I am trying to figure out what to do from here. 

Once you post here you open yourself to whatever the members decide is appropriate. If you cannot handle that maybe you should leave and take your whining elsewhere. That is life in the nuclear world, you say you want to stay a nuke. GROW UP and learn that sometimes the best advice or input is that which you didn't think you'd get or like. That is real life child, not the life in which you have been coddled.

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:33 »
Wow, seems like you're the one with the issues here! You were obviously mistreated either in your nuke job in the navy or somewhere in life. 

Incorrect. My parents loved me, the Navy treated me well and I have had great careers at two fine utilities. Now grow up and stop your whining.

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:35 »
  I know I have made some mistakes in my career, but I am trying to figure out what to do from here. 

My expert opinion is to stop making mistakes, beginning with your next post.

Fermi2

Re: none
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:54 »
Sad..

drayer54

« Reply #13 on: Oct 13, 2011, 10:56 »
Is it me or do all "Pregnant Sailor" threads end up with similar results....

"I had X babies meets reality which is met with attitude and then ... They fade away...." Just like pre deployment on the boat!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2011, 11:45 »

"I had X babies meets reality which is met with attitude and then ... They fade away...." Just like pre deployment on the boat!

Just goes to show that we need to keep adding bleach to the gene pool.....

Fermi2

« Reply #15 on: Oct 13, 2011, 01:45 »

That has nothing to do with it. I could care less when she gets pregnant or if anyone gets screwed over by it. What I do resent is someone making their situation a public event, then throwing a fit when a guy like Rocky gives good bottom line advice. If you make your life public do not expect everyone will be the Candy Man with their answers!

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:22 »
That has nothing to do with it. I could care less when she gets pregnant or if anyone gets screwed over by it. What I do resent is someone making their situation a public event, then throwing a fit when a guy like Rocky gives good bottom line advice. If you make your life public do not expect everyone will be the Candy Man with their answers!

Wait wait wait.... cmon mikey, we all know you are rainbows, puppies, and butterflies....

To play devils advocate, its hard to eat crap from someone you dont know, especially with relative anonymity.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011, 03:23 by Starkist »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:52 »
Dang! Due to now being on shift for OJT I missed the sharp curve in this thread...

And the subsequent...

And now...

But at least...

And two Star Trek pictures in one post makes me...

(make that three!)

so...

:)
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011, 03:58 by TheHiggs »
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

drayer54

« Reply #18 on: Oct 13, 2011, 04:44 »
To play devils advocate, its hard to eat crap from someone you dont know, especially with relative anonymity.
How much crap did you eat on those two deployments you did in 2009-2010 that she never did?

RE could of had another throttlemen and taken off an ET and possibly bumped up the inport duty sections (remember how fragile those were?!)

Anywho.... someone 4 years dinq BNEQ should have a healthy appetite...

just saying...

Fermi2

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2011, 04:46 »
How much crap did you eat on those two deployments you did in 2009-2010 that she never did?

RE could of had another throttlemen and taken off an ET and possibly bumped up the inport duty sections (remember how fragile those were?!)

Anywho.... someone 4 years dinq BNEQ should have a healthy appetite...

just saying...

And did he have to go on those deployments because someone got pregnant?

Grow up NUB.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:03 »
And did he have to go on those deployments because someone got pregnant?

Grow up NUB.

Like I said mikey, cute and cuddley. Stop being a teddy bear!!!

err... :p

Her being there wouldnt have made anything any easier. Probably just another target for you guys to pin on me bwahahaha

Fermi2

« Reply #21 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:39 »
Like I said mikey, cute and cuddley. Stop being a teddy bear!!!

err... :p

Her being there wouldnt have made anything any easier. Probably just another target for you guys to pin on me bwahahaha

LOL I try but based on the way this fool gets on every female sailor that comes in here I have to conclude.

1: He doesn't get laid much
2: Some girl kicked the living crap out of him once
3: He has Vaginal envy.

In any event he's a NUB.

drayer54

« Reply #22 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:56 »
LOL I try but based on the way this fool gets on every female sailor that comes in here I have to conclude.

In any event he's a NUB.
I've come to view this as warmth and get a warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever I hear that term from Mike. I'd like to be a NUB soon anyways and given the source, I could imagine being called much worse.

Ohh yeah, all 3 of the above BTW (or none and I work at Navy shore command where pregos and amazing cases of stupidity in uniform pop in all the time and it's making me excessively bitter for no good reason)
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011, 07:57 by Drayer »

Fermi2

« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:59 »
I understand bitterness. I've see people with amazing levels of assclownness in their blood get some great deals simply based on their ability to change their nose color from skin to dark brown when walking behind certain people.

But it is dangerous to make broad assumptions. Which was my point.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #24 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:00 »

In any event he's a NUB.
Ill be politically correct in light of drayers wisdom.... :p

I've come to view this as warmth and get a warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever I hear that term from Mike. I'd like to be a NUB soon anyways and given the source, I could imagine being called much worse.

Drayer has mikey envy, so yeah, I guess #3 is correct..... ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011, 08:10 by Starkist »

drayer54

« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:04 »
I understand bitterness. I've see people with amazing levels of assclownness in their blood get some great deals simply based on their ability to change their nose color from skin to dark brown when walking behind certain people.

But it is dangerous to make broad assumptions. Which was my point.
You are correct.

I used to be angry about ship stuff and then I left and now it's gone. I realized it doesn't do any good and nobody wants to deal with someone that has a stupid disposition from the past.
As soon as I leave the estrogen oasis of the West Coast.... this too shall pass.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #26 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:11 »
You are correct.

I used to be angry about ship stuff and then I left and now it's gone. I realized it doesn't do any good and nobody wants to deal with someone that has a stupid disposition from the past.
As soon as I leave the estrogen oasis of the West Coast.... this too shall pass.

You should be a politician with that eloquent, silver tongue you have.

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011, 08:20 by Starkist »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?