Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC SWO(N) -> EDO(N)

Author Topic: NUPOC SWO(N) -> EDO(N)  (Read 3182 times)

SpetsnazCyclist

NUPOC SWO(N) -> EDO(N)
« on: Oct 12, 2011, 07:12 »
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm in the process of applying to the NUPOC program. I am applying as a SWO(N) as my first choice, and recently saw the EDO(N). As an intern, I did an 8-month program at a military aerospace company as a project manager for a small R&D program. I enjoyed it A LOT. EDO sounds like it mostly project management, which I am very interested in.

If I get an interview, and they ask the question "Why SWO(N)?", should I state this as another one of the reasons? I know that it is not a guarantee to get into EDO(N)

I understand that Gamecock is the resident subject matter expert here on EDO(N) after searching previous topics, but I don't know if any other NUPOC candidates had applied with this in mind.

Thanks!

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: NUPOC SWO(N) -> EDO(N)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:02 »
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm in the process of applying to the NUPOC program. I am applying as a SWO(N) as my first choice, and recently saw the EDO(N). As an intern, I did an 8-month program at a military aerospace company as a project manager for a small R&D program. I enjoyed it A LOT. EDO sounds like it mostly project management, which I am very interested in.

If I get an interview, and they ask the question "Why SWO(N)?", should I state this as another one of the reasons? I know that it is not a guarantee to get into EDO(N)

I understand that Gamecock is the resident subject matter expert here on EDO(N) after searching previous topics, but I don't know if any other NUPOC candidates had applied with this in mind.

Thanks!

I would not say that you aspire to be an EDO(N) to the Admiral.  There are a limited number of EDO(N) slots for each year group...and you may not be able to get one....

You don't want anyone to think you might not stay in if you don't get what you want.

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?