Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Outage Slogan

Author Topic: Outage Slogan  (Read 63921 times)

vikingfan

Re: Outage Slogan
« Reply #50 on: Nov 22, 2010, 11:37 »
back in the early 90's Calaway had a shirt that said " duck bill outage "  If I remember correctly that was when they said we didn't have to wear full face resp. for disasembly and cavity work, we could use a glorified painters mask. we chose to still wear full face though.

Offline walstib

• Moderate User
  • I hate Monday's
« Reply #51 on: Nov 22, 2010, 12:17 »
Pennsylvania had a syndicated afternoon TV show called dialing for dollars.  This was renamed on a shirt as "Frying for Dollars", it had a big skillet on the front with all the craft trades sizzling out of the skillet.

also, "we didn't die at TMI, we got soused at the Railway House" - local drinking tavern.

For ARC - Another Rubber Check
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2010, 12:18 by walstib »
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail -Emerson
If you are going through hell, keep going
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - H S Thompson

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #52 on: Nov 22, 2010, 01:32 »
Brunswick's forced outage in 92. "I've tripped and I can't get back up!" banned

St. Lucie had some great ones: the operator feeding a three eyed fish amertap balls. I was told not to wear it at Hatch because someone said it was anti-nuke.

Another plant's manager was named Barney. So, here's Homer Simpson asleep in the control room. Barney Fife, Barney Rubble, and Barney the dinosaur are peeking around the corner withe the slogan "Somebody's watching you!"
Yeah the Barney one was Vogtle it actually made it on a shirt. 

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Nov 22, 2010, 02:49 »
I realize that this is off topic, but

Don't make me smite you.  Start a new topic.

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
« Reply #54 on: Nov 22, 2010, 11:02 »
Calhoun SGR:  "Git er Done."

Had 100 PCEs before the liner plate was back on.......................

Melrose

« Reply #55 on: Nov 23, 2010, 06:43 »
"I remember seeing a classmate in junior high school wearing what, in hindsight, had to be an outage tee from Wolf Creek, and I've always remembered the saying:  "A little nuke never hurt anybody.""

'Nukie', had a lady, waist up, holding two cooling towers in front of her cans...

LaFeet

« Reply #56 on: Feb 22, 2011, 03:58 »
This will be completed in six years.......

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #57 on: Feb 24, 2011, 10:52 »
This will be completed in six years.......

...and they´ve had that slogan since...what?  1973?!?!   ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

LaFeet

« Reply #58 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:57 »
...and they´ve had that slogan since...what?  1973?!?!   ;)

No, in all fairness they or at  least them, started stating the 6 year time frame in 2008.  Shooting for a 2014 ending.   8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?