Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Vogtle 3/4 honeypot

Author Topic: Vogtle 3/4  (Read 23002 times)

Offline CT-Mike

• Light User
Vogtle 3/4
« on: Oct 17, 2011, 09:02 »
Anyone receive a call today?

MacGyver

Re: Vogtle 3/4
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2011, 09:06 »
Care to elucidate?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2011, 09:10 »

"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2011, 05:40 »

A dozen or so. Is there a secret?

Offline CT-Mike

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2011, 08:19 »
Southern closed their posting on Friday for the next Vogtle 3/4 license class, and started making calls yesterday. Just wondering if anyone here has that particular iron in the fire.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2011, 08:23 »
A dozen or so. Is there a secret?

Depends if you consider Chinese engineers on site taking pictures a secret or not ;)

chrisk500

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:16 »
PM sent.

XNuke40

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2011, 02:42 »
Can anyone tell me what the commitment period is for an SRO in training position?  How long is the training and how long are you committed for afterwards?

Offline mike78756

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2011, 12:18 »
I'm trying to get into the NPOIT class for 3 & 4, can anyone help? I've applied and talked to HR already, any additional help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone currently in training that can look at my resume and refer it to the hiring manager?

Offline Gamma Glue

• Light User
  • If you're not first, you're last!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2011, 02:40 »
HR is given criteria to look for to scrub all the resumes. I think something like 1200 or so people applied when I did and only a few make the cut to get a call. When I was first hired they had me looking at resumes to help translate Navy terms they didn't know. If you meet the requirements they put on the job posting and your resume isn't junk, then you should be fine. (As a side note, most of the ones I looked at weren't great, they had too much in it. Highlight your operating experience, supervisory experience and leadership experience). But they are looking for over 80% pass rate, so they will only hire people they believe will make it. They are over 90% right now.

Offline CT-Mike

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:40 »
So anyone have any info on the ProfileXT exam that Suthern administers?  Similar to the MMPI?

Offline Gamma Glue

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2011, 10:50 »
Taken from the web- "The Profile XT TM is a "Total Person" assessment that has a myriad of uses.  It measures the job-related qualities that make a person productive - Thinking and Reasoning Style, Behavioral Traits and Occupational Interests."
I don't remember what was on it, but it was basically a psychological exam.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2011, 11:00 »
So anyone have any info on the ProfileXT exam that Suthern administers?  Similar to the MMPI?

If you have to study for it, probably not a good sign. Otherwise, why worry?

NEborn

« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2011, 10:22 »
Looking to apply at Southern Vogtle, any one tell me if there is a requirment on how far you can live from the plant?  Looking at the area, there seems to be limited housing.

Offline Gamma Glue

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2011, 12:49 »
Looking to apply at Southern Vogtle, any one tell me if there is a requirement on how far you can live from the plant?  Looking at the area, there seems to be limited housing.

No requirement. Columbia county has better schools, so plenty of people live there, but it's about a 45-55 minute drive. Worth it, though.
Not sure about the limited housing, there are houses for sale all over the place...

NEborn

« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2011, 02:02 »
No requirement. Columbia county has better schools, so plenty of people live there, but it's about a 45-55 minute drive. Worth it, though.
Not sure about the limited housing, there are houses for sale all over the place...

Thanks.  Still in the research stage, searched for housing in immediate area of plant with specific criteria on trulia and didn't come up with much.  I did see schools were better in Columbia also.  Will expand search as now that I know Columbia county is an option.

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2011, 01:36 »
There is very little housing available in the area where the plant is.  It is 20 miles to the nearest town and the local area could be called rural at best.  Anything from rundown trailers to a few very nice homes but one may be sitting right next to the other.  The nice homes have been built by people who very seldom leave and sell.  Good Luck

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:05 »
Can anyone tell me what the commitment period is for an SRO in training position?  How long is the training and how long are you committed for afterwards?

I have heard that just posting something like this is enough to get your resume pulled if anyone in HR is competent enough to figure out who you are.
I would delete this account (only 1 post, start over!) or at least hide the e-mail address, since you may have the same e-mail address on a resume floating around.

If you want to get a license so you can go somewhere else, just skip the middle step and get there! They are looking to hire people for decades, not years.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:39 »
This is why I LOVE and support this website, for there are folks like RollTide, that have "been there, done that, and got the T-shirt", and that are willing to provide fatherly wisdom and guidance to the newbies enabling them to navigate the pathway(s) to a new vocation! Kudos to you, RollTide! Merry Christmas!

Offline trollarc

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Dec 25, 2011, 01:15 »
If you want to get a license so you can go somewhere else, just skip the middle step and get there! They are looking to hire people for decades, not years.
Well this part of your post sounds like good news to me. I just accepted a NPOIT offer less than a week ago (I start January 30th) I was honestly on here looking for where I want to live. I was thinking about a mobile home park in the southern part of Augusta, but I would prefer real apartments. The issue is, I would prefer to be semi-close to three things
1. Vogtle (I am currently working at the INL and the commute here sucks).
2. A gym
3. A walmart
Pretty much everything else I have no problem travelling for.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2011, 01:19 by trollarc »

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #20 on: Dec 25, 2011, 11:26 »
When i was at Plant Vogtle i stayed in Waynesboro. Lots of wonderful people at Southern Company. You'll have a great time in the area. Make sure you go to Country Boy's for some ribs and great BBQ !
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

BetaAnt

« Reply #21 on: Dec 26, 2011, 11:22 »
Avoid South Augusta, GA like the plague. Gangs, shooters, thug-life and drugs, unless that is ur thang.

Waynesville is the closest. Hepzebah, Grovetown, Evans, Martinez, and North Augusta are safest and closest alternatives.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!!!

BA,  8) 8) 8)

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #22 on: Dec 27, 2011, 05:06 »
I have family in grovetown, nice place.

Offline mike78756

• Light User
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2011, 07:47 »
I just accepted a NPOIT offer less than a week ago (I start January 30th) I was honestly on here looking for where I want to live.

Congrats trollarc, I will be in that class with you as well. When is your in-processing?

Offline trollarc

• Light User
« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:59 »
In-processing as far as security and medical goes is complete. I am sure there will be an indoctrination period or something like that. If I do not understand your question, please rephrase.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?