Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Do you always hear back? honeypot

Author Topic: Do you always hear back?  (Read 6054 times)

mdanner423

Do you always hear back?
« on: Oct 24, 2011, 03:33 »
The search function is not cooperating with me (it's only searching the current page, not all the threads) so if this has been asked a lot of times, I apologize.

When you apply, to say Exelon, do you always hear back? Do they send you a message to tell you you weren't selected for testing, or, that the position has been filled?

Thanks!

--Matthew

Offline Protectologist

• Gold Member
Re: Do you always hear back?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2011, 03:52 »
Some will answer you and some will not. If you're waiting for an answer check the plant website to see if they have a tracking function for your resume. If you've waited for awhile it would be reasonable to call the HR contact at the company and ask them where they are in the process.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2011, 04:11 »
Like already said, not always. Call them.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

mdanner423

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2011, 04:46 »
Alot of them seem to just have a generic HR e-mail instead of phone numbers or peoples names to contact. I will just wait and see for the most part.

Thanks,
Matthew

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2011, 07:37 »
So you are willing to take a Let's wait and see approach to YOUR future?

Rolls my eyes.

mdanner423

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2011, 07:55 »
Well one e-mailed back today and now I have a contact!!!!

If they don't post their e-mails or phone numbers on the website, it's probably for a reason. I think wait and see is better than harass and annoy.

--Matthew

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2011, 07:57 »
Glad you emailed. Entergy is pretty good about updating their online stuff to say "no".  Exelon is terrible at it. DTE energy is faster then either, and some of the smaller companies are pretty bad at it. I've been applying to many different positions at many different plants myself. Last year it took me 3 months to hear back for the position I was eventually hired for.

also, squeeky wheel gets the grease. This is universal. A polite 2 minute phone call or short email isnt uncouth and probably expected on their end.
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2011, 07:59 by Starkist »

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2011, 09:26 »
Well one e-mailed back today and now I have a contact!!!!

If they don't post their e-mails or phone numbers on the website, it's probably for a reason. I think wait and see is better than harass and annoy.

--Matthew

Incorrect

mdanner423

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2011, 10:04 »
Alright i'll bite! Then how do you get a contact when there isn't one listed? Like with Exelon?

nukengr

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2011, 09:26 »
Alright i'll bite! Then how do you get a contact when there isn't one listed? Like with Exelon?

You call the front desk and ask. If it's a robo secretary you pick a random name and ask to be transfered to HR. If you want to stand out you call. If you want to play the HR lottery you email. They get paid to be harassed and annoyed by applicants, that's why the actual manager who needs the new employee isn't involved until HR picks them out for him/her.

mdanner423

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2011, 09:38 »
Woo!! Worked! I heterosexually love you guys!

mdanner423

« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:52 »
This comment has stuck in my head for weeks. It made me take a very active approach to getting the job, and although I don't have a job yet, I've gotten a lot further than I would have just waiting. Thanks for the push!

So you are willing to take a Let's wait and see approach to YOUR future?

Rolls my eyes.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?