Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Spring Outage honeypot

Author Topic: Spring Outage  (Read 14471 times)

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
Spring Outage
« on: Oct 26, 2011, 12:31 »
Anyone know who the company is for staffing GG for the spring? Wonder who I needed to contact, seems they aren't listed on big blue's wish list, unless I missed it...........
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
Re: Spring Outage
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2011, 01:25 »
DZ Atlantic, at last check.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2011, 08:01 »
The answer is dependant on the type of position.  Different shops look to fill different classifications of temporary workers.  I would assume that GGNS is no different than any of the other stations in that aspect.

"Big Blue" that NavyNukeDoc is referring to is Bartlett, who typically staffs HP's and Decon. -- So RoadHP would be correct.

However, your answer merits repeating.  PLEASE, remember that your craft isn't the only one in the world, and isn't the only one covered here.  If you want a good answer, you need to give good information in your question.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2011, 09:53 »
"Big Blue" that NavyNukeDoc is referring to is Bartlett, who typically staffs HP's and Decon. -- So RoadHP would be correct.

However, your answer merits repeating.  PLEASE, remember that your craft isn't the only one in the world, and isn't the only one covered here.  If you want a good answer, you need to give good information in your question.

Good point and thanks Mike.

And yes I was referring to Bartlett for HP positions at Grand Gulf. Bartlett doesn't show them on their list. And The outage schedule here on NW shows they have one in late spring.

RHP, tried looking up the DZ site, and they show no listings for outages. Wouldn't by chance have a POC out there, would ya?
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2011, 04:09 »

Good point and thanks Mike.

And yes I was referring to Bartlett for HP positions at Grand Gulf. Bartlett doesn't show them on their list. And The outage schedule here on NW shows they have one in late spring.

RHP, tried looking up the DZ site, and they show no listings for outages. Wouldn't by chance have a POC out there, would ya?

Just call the 800 number on their web site.

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2011, 04:11 by Rennhack »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2011, 05:53 »
Shaw was supposed to get some positions for their outage. You may want to give Kristy Inman a call.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2011, 05:05 »
Just call the 800 number on their web site.

Thanks again Rennhack.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:06 »
Here is a new twist.
Everyone working the spring outage at Grand Gulf has to take a physical to determine if they are fit to work.

If you were planning to go there, told the recruiter that you were physically capable of working, and thought you might get away with the old "I can't climb ladders, wear a respirator or put on PC's" so that you can sit by the PCM's the whole outage, you better be able to prove it.  Still, they might just decide that you can't do the work and send you home.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:00 »
Hmmmm, I'm gonna hafta check and see how that works for them.... and see if we can try it at my plant...  :P
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

lighthouse612

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2012, 10:14 »
coming for outage, was looking for a place to stay, anybody know what delta, la is like?

Offline Incline

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2012, 02:54 »
Hmmmm, I'm gonna hafta check and see how that works for them.... and see if we can try it at my plant...  :P
Amen! Maybe my RPM will go for it too.

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2012, 10:02 »
Here is a new twist.
Everyone working the spring outage at Grand Gulf has to take a physical to determine if they are fit to work.

If you were planning to go there, told the recruiter that you were physically capable of working, and thought you might get away with the old "I can't climb ladders, wear a respirator or put on PC's" so that you can sit by the PCM's the whole outage, you better be able to prove it.  Still, they might just decide that you can't do the work and send you home.
They do this at other plants I've been to and you still have the lazy techs. Let us know how this works for ya.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2012, 06:21 »
It turns out that this may not apply to everyone on site.  It may depend on what company you work for.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2012, 02:13 »
There is nothing in Delta, La!!  Lived in Vicksburg for 20 years and Delta is the same as it was when I first got there.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline wasteman

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:35 »
Heard about a place to stay in Delta, want to make sure it's not a ghetto...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?