Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SSBN Security Clearance

Author Topic: SSBN Security Clearance  (Read 11814 times)

Offline Webstar

• Very Lite User
SSBN Security Clearance
« on: Oct 31, 2011, 12:46 »
Howdy!

I was looking through the forum (search bar use was involved  ;) ) and I couldn't find any answers to the question that I have. While I was applying for OCS, I applied for and was approved for a Secret Security Clearance. I was wondering if that would be enough to be an Enlisted Nuke on an SSBN or if I had a TS check to look forward to. The only reason I ask is because being on an SSBN seems like something that they may need to know that they trust you more for.

Hopefully, I didn't miss the exact same posting and have the community of no-BS Navy Nukes yelling at me.

Best,

W

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: SSBN Security Clearance
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2011, 05:10 »
Chances are you will need a TS regardless of the platform you serve on if you are an officer.  Not sure if all officer billets on an SSBN require one, but an SSN may, depending on the mission(s) you go on.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

mannjw

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2011, 08:14 »
On an SSBN the only sailors with a TS are Officers and Radio guys. All others hold Secret.

MacGyver

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2011, 08:24 »
Howdy!

I was looking through the forum (search bar use was involved  ;) ) and I couldn't find any answers to the question that I have. While I was applying for OCS, I applied for and was approved for a Secret Security Clearance. I was wondering if that would be enough to be an Enlisted Nuke on an SSBN or if I had a TS check to look forward to. The only reason I ask is because being on an SSBN seems like something that they may need to know that they trust you more for.

Hopefully, I didn't miss the exact same posting and have the community of no-BS Navy Nukes yelling at me.

Best,

W

Yeah Yeah sure sure ...  :P  (re: searching)

Every Enlisted Navy Nuke on a Sub gets a Secret Clearance.  The only time I know of an Enlisted Nav Nuke getting a TS is if he (yes it's still a "he") is to be on a Special Boat.  Then you must have a Top Secret.

As to O-Gangers.  Who cares ...  :P ;D ;) :o 8)

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2011, 05:18 »
Howdy!

Best,

W

For SSBN duty, in addition to your security clearance, you will be read into the Personal Reliability Program (PRP). 

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2011, 07:38 »
For SSBN duty, in addition to your security clearance, you will be read into the Personal Reliability Program (PRP). 

Cheers,
GC

How is it I did three years on an SSN and two years on an SSBN and have almost no recollection of whatever clearances I had and I know I never worried about it?!?!?!?

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2011, 08:08 »
How is it I did three years on an SSN and two years on an SSBN and have almost no recollection of whatever clearances I had and I know I never worried about it?!?!?!?

You were probably busy standing the watch, and scoring well above 80% consistently on exams.

drayer54

« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2011, 08:30 »
Security Clearances are the new backdoor off the ship and out the NAV. Just marry someone who will go crazy with your credit card, let the investigation begin, turn in the tld, and away you go!

You would be shocked how common this is now.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:15 »
For what its worth... when I was on t-track, we had a list of all personnel and their clearances... I remembered most had secrets, but several had Top secrets, but... the list included random enlisted people and some DILDO's had them too. Quite puzzling.

Erroneous plug, dont mind me :p

LaFeet

« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2011, 09:09 »
There are some additional duties that nukes may have that will require a TS clearance.  I had one on 2 of my boats, but not the other ones.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2011, 10:06 »
For what its worth... when I was on t-track, we had a list of all personnel and their clearances... I remembered most had secrets, but several had Top secrets, but... the list included random enlisted people and some DILDO's had them too. Quite puzzling.

Erroneous plug, dont mind me :p

Xie xie, guizi !  8)

MacGyver

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2011, 01:34 »
Xie xie, guizi !  8)

Allow me to translate ... "Thank you Foreign Devil" ... or something like that anyway ...  :P

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2011, 03:11 »
There are some additional duties that nukes may have that will require a TS clearance.  I had one on 2 of my boats, but not the other ones.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Probably what I was seeing then.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?