Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Just laid off from hanford site. Looking to start outages.

Author Topic: Just laid off from hanford site. Looking to start outages.  (Read 10367 times)

sickboi82

So I was part of the hanford layoffs. I worked as a nuclear chemical operator. Basically doing deacon, Waste packaging, shipping, glovebox work, and for the last two months I was part of a Pu nitrate spill clean up. Tent work in a fhram suit with fresh air. Two entries a day grinding up concrete. My question is, I'm looking into doing some outages, and I'm not sure if i should be looking into a JR hpt or deacon. Also what are some companies i should be looking into. Any info would help a ton. Thanks!!!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Bartlett has the largest quantity of Decon and Jr HP  jobs.
800-225-0385

sickboi82

OK so called Bartlett this morning. said the recruiter i need to talk to wasn't in the office today. How often should i call. I don't want to come across as annoying and burn any chances.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
OK so called Bartlett this morning. said the recruiter i need to talk to wasn't in the office today. How often should i call. I don't want to come across as annoying and burn any chances.

Either:
A) Daily
B) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
C) Monday & Friday.

I would suggest "B", but any of the above is a good answer.  Just ask the recruiter when you should check back , and when they might know more.  It's the guy that calls the moment they need a guy that gets the job.

sickboi82

will do. thanks for the help :)

sickboi82

Just talked with Bartlett. Seems that they're only staffing with return employees. Other then Bartlett is there anyother companies that i might have a better shot at.I'm open to go anywhere i just want to get my foot in the door on the commercial side.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Have you visited the job board?

Here is a link:  http://www.nukeworker.com/job/

All jobs posted: http://www.nukeworker.com/job/jobfind.php?action=search&jobcategoryids%5B%5D=00&locationids%5B%5D=000&cmdSearch=++Search++
All registered companies: http://www.nukeworker.com/job/list_companies.php

Just talked with Bartlett. Seems that they're only staffing with return employees.

You just might have to wait until next fall to get an outage job.  This is a light fall/spring. Not as many jobs, so they are taking the folks that have done it before.

Use the links above, search the jobs posted, contact the companies registered here.

maggie352000

Call Atlantic.

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
What is a Deaconner ?    Is it a very religious decon tech??

On the serious side it is a challenging time with the poor economy and a lot of former nuke workers having to make return visits to the wonderful world of outage life.  Keep a positive attitude and keep trying.

sickboi82

Thank you everyone for the help. I'll keep you posted if i have any luck. Probably a dumb question but when you refer to Atlantic,is that DZ Atlantic?

LaFeet

Re: Just laid off from hanford site. Looking to start outages.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2011, 10:12 »
Thank you everyone for the help. I'll keep you posted if i have any luck. Probably a dumb question but when you refer to Atlantic,is that DZ Atlantic?
Yup  that be them

sickboi82

« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2011, 05:47 »
awesome thanks again everyone!

Offline dave99

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2011, 10:25 »
Don't forget to file for unemployment.

sickboi82

« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2011, 01:05 »
Thanks...Yeah i filed for unemployment on my last day. Today I received my third check. Its nice to have this free time to spend with my kids. But this is the first time I've been  without a job since i was 16. I'm finding it hard to adjust. I wake up and take my kids to school every morning. Then spend about 3 to 4 hours on the internet looking for work. I think I've reached the point where I'm not as concerned about the amount of money I make, but I'm more concerned about enjoying the work that I do. The last few months at Hanford I truly enjoyed my work. I found that I love doing Airline work. Almost to the point of obsession.lol.
Also once again thank you everyone on this forum for your posts and suggestions. You all have been great help.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?