Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu 40 hour jobs...are there any out there?? honeypot

Author Topic: 40 hour jobs...are there any out there??  (Read 30992 times)

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
Re: 40 hour jobs...are there any out there??
« Reply #25 on: Nov 16, 2011, 10:53 »
It only took me 29 years of working tons of OT to obtain a 40 hour per week good paying position.
LM

I'm not complaining, it was a good ride!
LM

Offline gogamecocks

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Aug 31, 2012, 03:58 »
GUARANTEE the poster won't get his 40 HR a week job either.
Darn whiner. Let me guess ex Navy Nuke right?

Dang! I've noticed you guys sure are hard on Navy Nukes. My husband is a Navy Nuke and I can guarantee that he works more than 65 hrs a week and has for the past 20 years. He will be happy to get to the civilian world and only work 60-70 hrs per week and not be out to sea for most of the year. He does get those annoying young people coming in who think the work day should end at 4pm. He tries to cure them of that attitude but my guess is those are the ones that are getting out and giving the other Navy Nukes a bad rep.

DSO

« Reply #27 on: Sep 01, 2012, 03:39 »
And this my chickadees is why I am hourly and base pay is off 40 hrs/week. I get paid 1.5x or 2.0x for every minute over 40 and its funny how your no longer abused with extraneous BS requiring overtime when they have to pay out their noses if that occurs. 65 hrs a week would gross me out at 230k for the year. Its funny how with more responsibility and titles usually decreases your average pay for hours worked. When I got out of the Navy and recruiters mentioned salary I refused because of its abuses.

Fermi2

« Reply #28 on: Sep 01, 2012, 10:51 »
And this my chickadees is why I am hourly and base pay is off 40 hrs/week. I get paid 1.5x or 2.0x for every minute over 40 and its funny how your no longer abused with extraneous BS requiring overtime when they have to pay out their noses if that occurs. 65 hrs a week would gross me out at 230k for the year. Its funny how with more responsibility and titles usually decreases your average pay for hours worked. When I got out of the Navy and recruiters mentioned salary I refused because of its abuses.

Where do you work? Or what do you do?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #29 on: Sep 01, 2012, 11:09 »

I think there is a search feature for that ;)

Fermi2

« Reply #30 on: Sep 01, 2012, 12:46 »
I COULD give the time honored nuclear response! TBH I'm working on going the contracting route.

DSO

« Reply #31 on: Sep 02, 2012, 03:18 »

NERC qualified Senior Power Dispatcher --Socal..union....ex-Navy Nuke Submariner

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?