Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bob Reece honeypot

Author Topic: Bob Reece  (Read 37420 times)

HAIRDUDE

Re: Fallen:  Bob Reece
« Reply #25 on: Dec 26, 2003, 10:04 »
Okay.....Now I'm a little confused. I worked with 2 different Bobby Reeses over the last 20 years. One (Whom I assume is still kicking) was the Decon Super at Shoreham and a great guy. Loved to have a good time and was a rather accomplished bowler if I remember correctly. The other, (Whom I assume is the recently passed) I worked with at Fermi back in 1988 I think. He also was a great guy, curlyish dark brown/black hair, mustache... and if it's the same Bob....got into a little scrap with a pro boxer at Pete's Garage one night. He got a broken nose that night but he did a hell of a job holding his own considering the other guy was a pro. Hell...maybe I'll get lucky and find out there are 3 Bobby Reeses in the biz and that both of the guys I know are still kicking. In either case, my condolenses go out to the Reese family. I burried a sister in August, an Aunt in October and 3 Highschool buddies in November. It's been a bad year in a lot of respects for a lot of people but I can't imagine the loss of both parents in one fell swoop like that. It's easy to throw out platitudes like 'be strong' and the like but , personnally, they didn't do a lot of good for me anyway. It sucks. That's all. Some things just fall outside the 3 sigma when it comes to having meaning or some ryme or reason and this is one of them. I'm sorry for your loss.

Floyd Flanigan

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Fallen:  Bob Reece
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2003, 05:33 »
There is a fund set up to help the girls with college.      

Cory and Lisa Reece Trust Fund
Bank of New Hampshire
Epsom Circle
Epsom, N.H.  03234-9701

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
Re: Bob Reece
« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2004, 02:07 »
 :-[
Greg:

To say this comes as a shock doesn't begin to do it justice! My parayers go to you and with Bob. I hope he finds the peace he needed. I've worked with you both quite a bit. I remember Bob fondly and remember his dedication to his family and to you. Whatever caused this tragedy must have been extreme indeed!!! Please accept my condolences and my prayers that you and your Nieces find your own peace in these troubled times.

Grasshopper
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

bybySONGS

« Reply #28 on: Jul 12, 2004, 12:30 »
Just to let you know. This guy planned this murder out for months. After the murders took place, so many people at SONGS talked about how they heard and talked to Bob about him going there and killing them. Noboby believed him. Now three people are dead, two daughters distroyed and everybody at SONGS feeling sorry for him. I can't believe so many people knew about it before it happened and nobody tryed to stop it. Think about that the next time somebody jokes about killing someboby.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #29 on: Apr 17, 2011, 08:00 »
Update

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/760642-196/the-long-road.html

Souhegan senior finally found stability she needed

Loud noises shattered the pre-dawn stillness on a chilly December morning in 2003, shaking 11-year-old Kori Reece from her slumber. Confusion followed, she said, and then the phone rang.

“It was the police,” said Reece, now a bright, gregarious 17-year-old Souhegan High senior on the verge of celebrating the day she used to think might never come – her high school graduation.

“They said, ‘Just lock your door and stay in your room.’ I didn’t know what was going on.”

She knew soon enough, though, and the news couldn’t have been much worse.

Those noises were gunshots. When they ended, almost as abruptly as they’d started, Reece’s mom and dad, along with another man, lay dead in the Reeces’ Deerfield home.

Thus began Kori and Lisa Reece’s unexpected coming-of-age odyssey, a mostly lonely, frightening, nomadic existence in which bouncing from guardian families to relatives half a continent away and searching desperately for some sense of structure, of stability, pushed summer camp and bike-riding, family beach trips and movie nights far into the background.

The horrible incident was ruled a double murder-suicide, which news reports at the time said Robert Reece carried out in the midst of a bitter divorce and custody battle with his estranged wife, Wanda Reece.

The third victim was Wanda Reece’s friend, Carl Stewart. Robert Reece had been living in California for about a year after the couple split, but had returned for a two-day divorce hearing in Derry District Court, according to news reports.

Kori Reece recalled her sister jumping from her bedroom window during the mayhem and running through the snow and cold to a neighbor’s house for help. The neighbors, the Kellys, were also family friends who took the girls in after the incident.

But a house wasn’t nearly the same as a home, the sisters soon came to realize. Tom Kelly became their guardian, Kori Reece said, but their lives were far from stable.

Souhegan student assistance counselor Holly Greenston, who met Reece when the teen enrolled at Souhegan midway through her sophomore year, said Reece was almost immediately thrust into a series of difficult “external challenges.” She faced family substance abuse, her providers’ “emotional instability and harmful decisions” regarding Reece, as well as financial hardship, Greenston said.

“Kori was largely left to fend for herself growing up,” she said. “The odds were certainly against her. She went through a lot.”

Reece was in middle school when an aunt and uncle in Michigan sent for the sisters, who arrived to a new world in a far-away state where everything was different. “They were good to us, gave us our own space, things like that, but it was really hard to adapt,” Reece said. “The type of friends I hung out with had changed dramatically. I felt lost.”

It got worse, she said, when Lisa graduated high school and enrolled at Ohio University, some four hours away.

“My sister was the only constant in my life,” Reece said. “Not having her with me was incredibly tough.”

The distance made it difficult for Lisa Reece to come home, and going to visit her sister wasn’t an option for Kori Reece.

“My aunt and uncle wouldn’t let me go,” she said. “They said a college campus was no place for a 14-year-old girl.”

Miserable, Reece called Kelly, begging to come home. “He said, ‘Sure, you can come back this weekend if you want,’ ” she said.

Things had changed, Kelly told Reece; he’d divorced, had a new girlfriend who, Reece said with a laugh, “had a ton of kids.”

But the homecoming was short-lived; soon, chaos and instability once again defined Reece’s life. By then a struggling, confused high school freshman, life’s dark clouds lifted one day when Lisa Reece called and said she was leaving OU and coming home to enroll at Hesser College.

The sisters joyfully reunited, getting an apartment in Amherst together. Lisa Reece went to Hesser while Kori enrolled at Souhegan. “We had our own place, even our own dog,” Reece said. “It was great, we were happy.”

Alas, yet again, things went south.

“We always got along great, but things changed,” Reece said. “She’d snap at me, and we’d fight a lot; I did things I shouldn’t. One day we had a really big fight over these rules she made, and that was it.”

Greenston said she had a lot of confidence in Reece from the start, sensing the teen’s inner strength and desire to set her life straight.

“Kori was never disrespectful, she never displaced blame,” Greenston said. “In my 12 years (as a school counselor), I’ve often wondered why some kids make it and some don’t, but I knew Kori has a lot of resiliency factors going for her. I was sure she’d make it back.”

Still, simply stepping into the stability of Souhegan and its array of support services wasn’t the magic bullet for Reece’s troubles, which by the start of her junior year had begun to manifest in scrapes with the law, poor choices of friends, a decline in schoolwork, and an unhealthy attraction to alcohol and drugs.

“I finally realized I had no structure in my life,” Reece said. “And I knew it’s something I really needed.”

This time, the planets aligned and all cylinders fired. With Greenston and other faculty members holding her ladder, Reece began the long climb from her four-year abyss.

She met a good kid named Dave Dougal, and began to shed the dysfunctional, harmful elements that dragged her down for years.

“I’ve been clean since the middle of my junior year,” Reece said proudly.

She and Dougal grew closer; soon Dougal’s parents took Reece in, providing the stability and normalcy that went missing five years before.

“They are so awesome,” Reece gushed. “They have the biggest hearts in the world. They make me feel so welcome.”

After graduation, Reece will keep the momentum going by starting classes at Johnson & Wales University, the Providence, R.I.-based school known best for its culinary program.

“I love to cook, it’s part of my love of creating things,” said Reece, who recalled how she turned to her enjoyment of art for respite when things weren’t so good.

Greenston, the next best thing to a proud parent, will surely join Reece in celebration on Friday, when Reece, Dougal and approximately 225 fellow Souhegan High seniors get their diplomas and ready for life’s next chapter.

“Kori knew she had to change and dedicated herself to growing and changing,” Greenston said. “Today she’s gained a sense of insight and accountability that even a lot of adults don’t have.”
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2011, 09:07 by Rennhack »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Apr 17, 2011, 08:57 »
Thank you for sharing that with us.

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 10:32 »
i worked with him at shoreham decommissioning shoreham plant. he was a pleasure to work with. prayers to you and yours

kreece

« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2011, 02:34 »
Thank you everyone, I just came across this today for the first time. Im Bob's youngest daughter Kori. Thank you all for being so kind when things were tough, I'm not even sure if any of you will see this post. However my sister (Lisa) and I are doing great. We got through everything that happened with out head held high and knew it would only make us stronger. Both are parents loved us very much, and our father would not have done this to hurt us.
I'm a full time student at Johnson and Wales University for Culinary Nutrition and graduate next year. My sister Lisa just graduated with a degree in criminal justice and is getting married to a great guy next september. Everything is going very well for us.
Thank you all for the support in the trust fund and all the prayers you sent us over the years it really helped us get through everything.

Kori Reece

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2011, 09:30 »
I am glad to hear you are both doing well.  I was friends with your Dad and Uncle.
LM

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #34 on: Dec 07, 2011, 08:47 »
I'm so glad to see you both are doing so good, so many these days takes the wrong path in life. I know he would be so proud. I worked with your dad quite a lot. Your dad was a good man who bragged to me often about his kids, he was also a very good  friend and being I had went through sort of the samething I tried as a friend to be there for him,but as you would know our jobs, life styles the distance between made that hard to do. remember life will throw everything it got at you and it looks like you both are winning Take care and stay on top
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Dec 10, 2011, 08:59 »
Attached is a picture of Bob, Greg and a few other deconners at VY from 1998.

« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2011, 02:56 by Rennhack »

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #36 on: Dec 12, 2011, 09:11 »
I'd recognize those trailers any time.  I had the three Reece brothers with me at Fermi cleaning up from the big one.
LM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?