Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Thomas K. Crawford honeypot

Author Topic: Thomas K. Crawford  (Read 20203 times)

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
Thomas K. Crawford
« on: Nov 11, 2011, 06:11 »
Tommy "TC"  has passed away after a long battle with life and health issues.  He was found at his home in Oak Ridge, TN where he lived and worked for the last 9 years. He will be fondly remembered for the pride he had for his country and  his big heart. TC was a participant in many Motocycle Rides for charities including Toys for Tots, and the Knoxville annual 9-11 run.  He leaves behind his Daughter, Genell and Son, Tommy. Arrangements are incomplete at this time.

May you find in death what you could not in life.

God Bless you my friend

Finni
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011, 10:16 by stirfry »
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Thomas K. Crawford
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:13 »
I last worked with TC about seven years ago, last talked with him two months ago, last thought about TC last weekend and thought I should call him. I was busy with affairs in New York and put it off.

I should have called him during the drive back to Ohio on Saturday night.

See that signature line at the bottom of my profile?,...

That was TC and me once upon a time,...

Bloody hell, who am I kidding?!?

That was pretty much TC and everybody once upon a time,...

I will miss my friend.

Peace brother,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:01 »
I worked with Tom at Turkey Point in the late eighties.  Tom was a great guy, a hard worker, and a loyal friend; I sorrow at his passing.  Tom’s father, Jock, was one of my all time favorite people, and now they are together again in heaven.  My condolences to his children.

I pray that you have finally attained the peace that passes all understanding.

Larry   :'(

nobody

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2011, 12:35 »
TC has been a great friend my entire adult life and extremely close for the last year. He was loved by many and misunderstood by a few. The man had a heart the size of the Grand Canyon. So many stories to tell and a few I'll never tell anyone.

My brother, I will miss you everyday and remember the great times with a smile. RIP.

For the Oak Ridge and Knoxville crowd, I'm working on a "lift a drink in honor of TC" day. Maybe next Thursday. Details to come maybe Monday.

Kimbro

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2011, 05:12 »
TC will be missed. Worked with him and his Dad at Turkey Point many years ago. Have lots of good memories! God be with you, old friend! Spanky McFarlin
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011, 05:14 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline deicide666

• Light User
  • whats grosser than gross?
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2011, 10:38 »
T.C. has been my parent figure, brother, and closest friends over the years. No matter what was going on, no matter what time of day, At work or just out for fun, 2 feet or 2000 miles away I always knew I could count on him!! Miss you brother hope you are at peace!!!!!!
death to all who apose us!!!!

nobody

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2011, 05:17 »
Today is Miami/FSU football day. We should be watching it together like we had anytime we were in the same place. A diehard Cane and a diehard Nole drinking and giving each other hell. Days like this are really tough. Miss you brother.

MK

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
Re: Thomas K. Crawford UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2011, 07:13 »
TC's daughter and son would like to let you know that in lieu of flowers they will be accepting donations for services at: 
Genell Crawford 503 NW 21st Lane #17, Gainesville FL.32609.  Calls will be answered at 786-525-3363.
Thank you one and all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Genell and Tommy Crawford.
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline Jordan69

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2011, 02:19 »
I read something about TC's passing and could not believe it. I joined this site to see if there was any truth to what I read. I am so sad to see it is true. Hadn't worked with Tom since CY. It had been a few years since we spoke and when I had my first son he sent us wonderful gifts with a beautiful card. He may have been a little rough on the outside, but he was a very kind and sweet soul in the inside.
I am so sad for his kids who will miss him the most. He was so proud of them. I will miss you my friend; however, I know you are in a wonderful place. I'm sure having a awesome time with our friends whom have passed before you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Genell and Tommy. God bless.

Michele

falcfvr

« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2011, 08:23 »
 I just wanted to let every one know that Tom was the best friend I have ever had. Most people saw a crazy fightin wfo biker but this man was a loyal and loving friend to me and the godfather of my children. Tom lived life on the edge and wide open. He often told me he would sleep when he is dead. I hope my friend is getting some well deserved rest. Tom loved America and his country and stood proudly for the service people in our forces. Kid Rock has a song "only god knows" and this was Toms anthem. He will be missed by me and my family forever. As Tom would say "DILLIGAF".
Peace

nobody

« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2011, 11:59 »
I just wanted to let every one know that Tom was the best friend I have ever had. Most people saw a crazy fightin wfo biker but this man was a loyal and loving friend to me and the godfather of my children. Tom lived life on the edge and wide open. He often told me he would sleep when he is dead. I hope my friend is getting some well deserved rest. Tom loved America and his country and stood proudly for the service people in our forces. Kid Rock has a song "only god knows" and this was Toms anthem. He will be missed by me and my family forever. As Tom would say "DILLIGAF".
Peace
He was so proud to be your friend. He told me more than once how much he loved you and your family. I'll have to smile when I think of the night this summer when we were all able to get together.
Mike Kimbro

radrat

« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2011, 12:09 »

I remember the "DILLIGAF" showing the first time I met TC, after we butted heads a few times we were good friends because we were honest with each other. I kept in touch with TC over the years since Maine Yankee and a few other sites we worked at. I'm going to really miss you and your unique perspective on everything. Rest in piece brother.
The world lost a good person but heaven gained a great soul.

nobody

« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2011, 08:28 »
A memorial get together, "Raise a Glass in honor of our Brother TC", will be held this Thursday, the 17th in Oak Ridge. It will be immediately after work (around 5 - 5:30 pm or whenever you can get there) until whenever at the Full Throttle Bar and Grill, 259 Warehouse Road. Full Throttle was formerly called "The Warhouse Tavern" and "The Crow's Nest". Friends at the Full Throttle will offer reduced pitchers and keep Happy Hour bottle prices all night as part of our group (with nametag). They have a food menu also.  We have seating for about 80 people and lots of standing room. As they are bringing in more staff to handle the event, please remember to take care of the waitstaff.

PLEASE spread the word. Flyers will be going around the Oak Ridge DOE sites, but I don't have contacts for every project. PLEASE stop by, lift a glass, give a toast, and share stories about brother TC.

Mike Kimbro
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2011, 08:32 by nobody »

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2011, 09:29 »
I am personally a little shocked that 1200 or more visits to this topic hasn't resulted in more replies.  I know people respond to death in different ways and have to mourn differently, and maybe there are different places that you are responding to, but for the love of GOD let his children know how their father was revered in this industry.

They are in college now and do not have the monetary means to do right by their Father.  I know that everyone that TC has helped one way or another can come up with a $20-$50 donation to help Genell and Thomas through this most difficult time.  Think if it was you who had passed and how your family would cope with the loss of income or support, financially, spiritually, or never being able to hear TC say DILLIGAF one more time or double double for 16 with no 15's. You were just SKUNKED.  He was a diamond in the rough and if you took the time to make friends with him you had a friend for life and He would be there anytime Day or Night and do whatever he could for you. 

Can we as RADCON, HP'S, RCT's, do something for once as a group??

Sorry for the RANT.

But like I said we all grieve differently.

I love all of my NUCLEAR FAMILY.

May you find health and happiness in the upcoming Holiday Season.

Finni

PS   I hope I haven't offended anyone because that was not my intent.

RIP

TAAB
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Navy CMC

« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:01 »
  Tom's being transfered back to Florida where Genell and Tommy are going to work out the final arrangements for his final resting place.  This has been a trying time for Tom's children and his brothers and sister. 
  As his brother, I would like to extend a sincere Thank You to each and every one of you for your kind words and support.  As I went through my 30+ years in the Navy Tom and I would get together from time to time and he always spoke very highly of the people he worked with while Nuking.
  He always had a deep expression of pride with the work he performed and the people who he worked with.  The same went for my father.  I had a bond with my father through the Navy as Tom had his bond with him through the Nuke Workers.
  Tom may not be with us as we wish he could be but our memories of him and the way he lived will echo through eternity.

Thank you for being there for Tom when his family couldn't.  You are truly his extended family and I can see why he loved working with each of you.

Sincerely,  Pete Crawford

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2011, 12:45 »
I have known Tommy since his first big day in Nuclear Power, and we both grew up in the field because of our dads. I have always thought of him as more than a friend. I was always glad to see him or hear from him. He was a great guy and will be missed by all that ever knew him. I will keep him and his family in our thoughts.

Pete McAllister

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2011, 01:40 »
I met TC back in the early 80's and have worked with him at several different locations throughout the years, the last being ORNL in Oak Ridge. No matter how long the time between seeing each other, it always seemed like only a few days or weeks. He had one of the biggest hearts of anybody I have ever met. His love, respect and admiration for our Men and Women in the armed forces was second to none.
TC was one hell of a man, a true friend and one of the best technicians you could ask for.
He is already, and will continue to be missed for many many years to come.
RIP my friend

Offline Hubcap32958

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:29 »
Its taken me a few days to get on here to say something about Tommy. I have know Tommy since he was knee high to a grasshopper, we grew up together in a town called Old Lyme Connecticut, great place, his family taught me how to water ski, the Crawford family has always been a giving family and Tom carried that on thru his whole life.
We worked alot of places together and boy do I have some great stories to tell, but I will just keep them to myself and remember all the good times together, I had been about a month since I talked with Tom, asked him what he was up to, he told me it was better that I just did not know, I am going to miss my long time friend very much, but I can always remember like it was yesterday all the good times we had, RIP my friend, I love ya and miss you already

Hubcap :(

jillcaceres

« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:14 »
It's so hard to believe that this has happened, I'm in shock. I have known TC for 30 years and although I was only a work friend I had great respect for Tommy. RIP Tommy
Jill

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #19 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:56 »
On behalf of the Crawford Family, Genell and Tommy; they would like to thank everyone who has sent kind words, prayers, and kind thoughts about their father along with monetary contributions in support of his arrangements.  They would also like to thank the owners of the Throttle Down Bar and Grill (even though TC didn't know how to Throttle Down)
in Oak Ridge for allowing us to hold this celebration of TC's Life at their establishment.

Billy and Holly (owners) and Gen (Manager) thank you very much for allowing us to celebrate TC's life and times at your establishment. We will surely stop in when we can.

Genell, Tommy, and CMC Pete Crawford retired.

A memorial get together, "Raise a Glass in honor of our Brother TC", will be held this Thursday, the 17th in Oak Ridge. It will be immediately after work (around 5 - 5:30 pm or whenever you can get there) until whenever at the Full Throttle Bar and Grill, 259 Warehouse Road. Full Throttle was formerly called "The Warhouse Tavern" and "The Crow's Nest". Friends at the Full Throttle will offer reduced pitchers and keep Happy Hour bottle prices all night as part of our group (with nametag). They have a food menu also.  We have seating for about 80 people and lots of standing room. As they are bringing in more staff to handle the event, please remember to take care of the waitstaff.

PLEASE spread the word. Flyers will be going around the Oak Ridge DOE sites, but I don't have contacts for every project. PLEASE stop by, lift a glass, give a toast, and share stories about brother TC.

Mike Kimbro
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2011, 11:28 »
I haven't been online in awhile or I would have responded sooner; all I can say is that another legend has passed. Henry and I were both glad to call Tom a friend. He was well loved and respected in this business and I hope his children will understand he left behind many, many friends.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #21 on: Dec 07, 2011, 08:51 »

Genell Crawford

Please feel free to join us in celebrating the life of our father,Thomas "TC" Crawford, this Saturday, 12/10, from 4pm-8pm @ Lincoln's Sports Grille, in Oak Ridge. 119 South Illinois Avenue Oak Ridge, TN 37830
 (865) 220-8870. Feel free to call me for any details, at 786*525*3363 or Gary FINNI Finnigan at 865-202-9731.

Hope to see you all there.
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline Thee original Mongo

• Very Lite User
  • Outta the biz.
« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2011, 12:36 »
I just heard about Tommy today. So sad, he was good man and someone who I was better for knowing.

May you find the peace in death that eluded you in life my friend.

Mongo
Ray Romanowicz... AKA Mongo

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #23 on: Dec 10, 2011, 02:17 »
Hope to see some friendly faces at Lincoln's today from 4-8 PM.

Finni
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?