Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fixes to the site.  

Author Topic: Fixes to the site.  (Read 11877 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Fixes to the site.
« on: Nov 24, 2011, 09:18 »
I updated the photo-gallery software tonight (standard security update), and noticed that the picture rating part wasn't working the way it used to.  I found a new setting in the admin config that allowed me to revert that feature back to the way it used to be.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that if you voted while the setting was the 'wrong' way, you only give images one star out of five, and you can't remove or change your rating.

I also updated the security in the forum a few days ago.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:39 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Fixed small bug in Photo gallery
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2011, 02:07 »
I made a few small changes in the RP-4 Question database.  It shouldn't effect much.  Basically I made changes like:

From: Co-60 emits a 1.17 MeV & 1.33 MeV gamma 100% of the time.
To: Co-60 emits a 1.173 MeV & 1.332 MeV gamma 100% of the time.

I also re-verified the math in the questions/answers.  It's just my little O.C.D. problem kicking in.  It's coming to the surface because I'm working on finishing the 'Super RP Cram' study guide for our NUF RP Fundamentals practice test.

I thought I had already done it, but it seems that I've only done 3/5 of it.  -- And even those are not hiding where I would look for such a study guide.  Don't get too excited about a new study guide. This study guide is basically 12 pages of what you need to know to pass our practice test.  It cuts out all the other information in the full study guide.  But then again, if you can pass our practice test, you should be able to pass theirs.  Having just 12 pages of study material would really be helpful.

I found these 2 posts from when I updated the quiz's in the Site news section:

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,24966.0.html
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,25405.0.html

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2011, 02:11 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2011, 03:29 »
I also just noticed that the search box's (google site search) isn't working.

I've updated the search page: http://www.nukeworker.com/other/search.shtml

And I've updated the search box on the home page.  It's not as pretty as it used to be... but its functional.
I've removed search box on the home page for the time being. The code is playing havoc with my editor.  When I'm done dinking around, I'll see about putting it back.

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2011, 05:31 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2011, 06:13 »
I've also attempted to fix an issue with the site locking up at 4am every day. (Eastern time)  I don't know if you have ever experienced this, but it happens every day for 3-5 min.  Site maintenance is causing it.  I think I have narrowed it down to the job board software.  I've split the job board maintenance up to 4 pieces, each running about 15 min apart.  I don't know if it will help or not, but its better than nothing.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:41 »
NukeWorker.com's Concise Study Guide for the Nuclear Utilities Fundamentals (NUF) Radiation Protection (RP) Exam.

RP Cram Notes is a concise NUF RP study guide from the technician's prospective.
Rennhack has taken the ALARA principal and applied it to a study guide. It's the perfect last minute cram.

Now available in paperback:

https://www.createspace.com/5747678

You can also buy the paperback direct from the publishing house, which gives me a larger chunk of the profit:
https://www.createspace.com/5747678

Kindle:

Nook: 

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940013520066

If you purchased a Kindle version of RP Cram notes please click here and post a review.

There are only two reviews for the kindle version and they are both negative.  I have been told by many people that it is a great book and it has helped them.  If it  helped you, please spread the word by giving it a good review.  On the flip side of the coin, if it needs improvement, I'm open to suggestions.

If you purchased a copy of RP Cram notes Paper back please click here and post a review.

If you purchased the Nook version of RP Cram Notes, please post a review here.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2016, 09:35 by Rennhack »

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2011, 09:25 »
Very nice of you Mike.  I haven't taken that exam in years.
LM

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2011, 03:05 »
Very nice of you Mike.  I haven't taken that exam in years.

Me either... but its nice to have at your disposal 'just in case'.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:50 »
I certainly hope the "in case" is on my terms.
LM

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Fixes to the site.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2012, 10:52 »
I never figured out what was up with the time offset, but I have forced a fix to the forum.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?