Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Submarine Duty Pay retroactive to what date?
honeypot

Author Topic: Submarine Duty Pay retroactive to what date?  (Read 10381 times)

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
Submarine Duty Pay retroactive to what date?
« on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:26 »

I saw an old post about Subs from 2007 on an old dead thread that mentioned this:

"The biggest problem, I think, with having to deal with this right now is there is apparently a shortage of EM and ET sub vols. So much that they are starting to offer sub pay back pay all the way to boot camp for anyone who signs up today."

I have a question about nukes in the pipeline today who are submarine volunteers.  My son enlisted in December, 2010 and is an ET now and is halfway through nuclear power school.  He enlisted as a sub volunteer i.e. signed the sub vol form the day they swore him in at MEPS before he left for boot camp.

Does anyone know what is the current policy for retroactive sub pay?  From using the search function apparently the retroactive date calculation has changed over the years. I have seen other threads that mentioned it was paid back to day one of NFAS.    Assuming he gets picked for subs after prototype will the submarine pay be paid retroactive all the way back to his enlistment date? Or is is some other date?  Thanks in advance.
Dad of a 22 year old ETN.

DSO

Re: Submarine Duty Pay retroactive to what date?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2011, 01:29 »
http://comptroller.defense.gov/fmr/07a/07aarch/07a_23a.pdf

Maybe Im missing something, but it seems that sub pay is retroactive to the nuke qualification date only and not bootcamp. I never got it retroactive back to bootcamp either (1985)

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2011, 03:33 »
I was back paid to boot..., circa 1998.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:36 »
The rules say you get sub pay retroactive to the date you started serving on submarines or the date you started training for service on submarines.  Several years ago that date changed from your grad date at NPTU to your class-up date for NFAS.  It may have change to boot camp date based on what others have posted.

Update:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/nuclear/pages/enlistedsubmarinepay.aspx
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2011, 06:42 by DDMurray »
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:04 »
The rules say you get sub pay retroactive to the date you started serving on submarines or the date you started training for service on submarines.  Several years ago that date changed from your grad date at NPTU to your class-up date for NFAS.  It may have change to boot camp date based on what others have posted.

Update:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/nuclear/pages/enlistedsubmarinepay.aspx

I think I remember it being "end of boot camp" which actually is more correctly described as NFAS convening date, which for all intents and purposes, were the same for me. That instruction says NFAS class convening date which makes more sense based on my experience.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:48 »
I talked to a sub friend today, his went back to bootcamp as higgs stated. This was quasi recent, 08. It was around 2000$ he said.

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2012, 02:42 »
I talked to a sub friend today, his went back to bootcamp as higgs stated. This was quasi recent, 08. It was around 2000$ he said.

I was told beginning of A school, but we will find out soon enough, wont we?

Maybe someone a bit more recent??
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

DSO

« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2012, 02:39 »
The day I graduated from Prototype was when my sub pay started....Dec 19, 1986 for me.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2012, 12:17 »
Enough of this guesstimation.

http://comptroller.defense.gov/fmr/07a/07a_23.pdf

Reading through it, it starts first day of A school.

« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2012, 12:17 by Starkist »

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:13 »
Enough of this guesstimation.

http://comptroller.defense.gov/fmr/07a/07a_23.pdf

Reading through it, it starts first day of A school.
Thanks for clearing that up.  The other two links to the instruction(s) previously posted in this thread weren't that helpful, but yours cleared it up.  :)
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:17 »
Thanks for clearing that up.  The other two links to the instruction(s) previously posted in this thread weren't that helpful, but yours cleared it up.  :)

It's straight forward and easy to read... I'm having a hard time believing it's an actual naval document ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?